1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Seahorse Seashell Party (Family Guy )

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Simple Thoughts, May 16, 2015.

1. Simple Thoughts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5khCIEdKCg

^

When I watch Family Guy I'm not really analyizing the show ( Except for one or two episodes that really came across to me as anti-gay propaganda, but that was only by fluke I even noticed ). It's one of those shows I just kinda let my mind go blank and watch for the sake of watching it. It's not exactly the show you watch for some sort of insightful or meaningful new way of looking at things. After this episode...well let's just say I'm glad I never took Family Guy Morals to heart.

I was watching this Review and it was pointed out that the show was advocating for victims of Abuse to stay with their Abusers for the benefit of the person Abusing them. Which...well that's just wrong on so many levels.

Personally, I imagine they use Meg as a punching bag for the shows brand of comedy and as a result they wanted an episode where she stands up for herself and points out the family's flaws, but they also needed a way to "Take it back" to keep the structure of the show in tact. Their choice of doing it, however, is unimaginably damaging and sends out a very very bad message.

After this...I'm honestly not even sure if I wanna watch Family Guy anymore.