1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DC Comics: post The New 52 storylines

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by CubbieBlue, May 19, 2015.

1. CubbieBlue

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Anyone else excited about the June 3rd "don't call it a reboot" lineup?

2. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

I haven't much enjoyed DC since the New 52 stuff. Then again, I haven't kept as up to date with it for a while...

Wally West not being the Flash is one reason, but it isn't a fair one. Some folks like Barry, and that's okay. But it's a personal reason I'm not fond of DC currently.

The mishandling of Static ("Static Shock") is one, and a fair criticism. Static had a lot of potential for the DC Universe. Before DC acquired it, Static Shock was run under a less known comic company, which allowed it to 'get away' with a lot more: homosexuality, racism, and even drug and violence beyond a 'Special Issue' mention.

He's DC's answer to Spiderman. Young, wise-cracking, and kind of a nerd. He, sadly, is one of the more notable black superheroes, especially for DC. Marvel does a little better in this regard, but it still gets a finger wag.

DC toned down too much, making Static Shock almost unrecognizable. Totally dropped the ball.

Harley Quinn is...

Divisive to my opinion. I like some aspects DC has given to her, and some of the situations are fine, but then others make me shake my head. Also, the cotton candy color scheme isn't doing much for her, in my opinion. She needs to ditch the blue, get some black, or maybe go blonde.

Wonder Woman is still second rate to Batman and to a lesser degree Superman. In fact, the only thing they seemed to be able to do with her, is hitch her to Superman. There is so much wasted potential with her lore alone, and DC does little with it, even more so now.

DC needs to do one more reboot, drop some solo titles, focus on the heavy hitters: Justice League and Teen Titans. Those rosters alone can carry the company, and through them, allow other heroes to be vetted. Maybe, after a while, give those new heroes their own title, to go along with Justice League and Teen Titans. Every now and then, cover an event in somebody's life, or a villain. There are ways to make this work, but DC doesn't take advantage of their library.

Maybe I'm just a nostalgically cranky, LOL.

3. That one guy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I havnt been keeping up with convergence (gonna wait till it ends) but I'm really looking forward to the new justice league story with darkseid and the anti-moniter

4. White Knight

Once comics were another work of art produced with creativity. Today it turned into pissing contest between Marvel and DC with zero creativity or logic.

Of course there are good things on both sides comics-wise however big picture is a mess... and a very ugly looking one. Till DC insist on going darker and grittier to overcome Marvel's back to the roots + we must rescue our heroes from Fox hype they tend to lose. Darker, grittier comics were in during 90s with mullets and one billion pouches.

5. Batman

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    *mutters about origins getting fucked up*