1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hairtyle crisis?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Harlusional, May 22, 2015.

1. Harlusional

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So I've really been wanting to pull off a new hairstyle but I often feel insecure looking at my classmates , looking how their hair is always geled or hairsprayed and they can pull it off so darn well and in my head I just go " I can pull it of like they can " . I wish I could show you guys how my hair really looks like but I think that's against the rules? Anyways , just to describe my hair , I have a little bit of a fringe and my hair is short. That's basicaly it. Tips for a hairstyle that appeals to short hair guys like me?

2. atoadaso

atoadaso Guest

Well, hairstyles should be decided more on your face & face shape, not so much on your hair length, unless you plan to keep your current length.

3. DragKing692

Just go for it! I went from shoulder-length boring hair to short, almost boy hair. Everyone loved it, but as long as you like it that's cool.

4. sartorious

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Arfff

You can post your photo on album in your profile page and post the link here...
    AFAIK using the album and posting the link on posts are not against the rule

I have short hair and i tried to change style every 3 months, so far what i like for myself are sort of like this

Buzz Cuts
    [​IMG]

Undercut
    [​IMG]

Side shave
    [​IMG]

Faux Hawk
    [​IMG]

High Top Fade
    [​IMG]

The more complicated hairstyle you have the more time and money you need to maintain it.

to pull it off IMHO all you need is confidence, people will always judge and have opinion about something. Just ignore them if you're comfortable with your style and you think it suits you well

Good luck experimenting
    have a great day

5. Hizaki

6. sartorious

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Arfff

i know its extremely awesome =)

so the "undercut" and the "high top fade" are two of my faves... i even brought myself a clippers to keep the sides shorts for longer period.

i initially wanted to try the punk Mohawk during my last haircut, but its sort of controversial to pull in the hospital setting so i switch to that style of undercut again...

i tried combined undercut with pompadour or high top once but the result are quite disappointing for me. I'd stick with that style i posted instead of messing it up.

7. Harlusional

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thanks for the advice guys ! Problem is : I hardly know how to gel my hair or do anything with it. I'm a total newbie at this since all along , my hair is always down... And I'm really liking the undercut hairstyle . Anyone can link me a video/tutorial on how to gel my hair into that?

8. Hizaki

Do you have thin hair or thick (or somewhere in between)? I have very thick hair, so I don't need to have gel or anything in my hair like Sartorius' example (except I shoot it straight sideways). I used to use Redken Shineform Wax, and it worked very, very well, with no grease or hardness, but I'm pretty sure that I own the last bottle in existence, at least for my country. Hahaha.

My suggestion is to not go straight to a zero, though. I did that and kind of regretted it for a bit; I got called a skinhead and nazi, which didn't feel great, by some people who know my German ancestry/knowledge of German. :\ You probably won't have that problem :lol:, but the point still stands because you might not like it if you just dive in. Try a 1 at least > <... unless you're the adventurous type! ;D

9. sartorious

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    arfff

If you keep the top short you dont need any gels or wax,
    i personally have thin hair at sides and rather thick on top so i dont need to use gels or wax. But for shine and hold purposes i use Layrite deluxe pomade, its water based hence its easy to wash off. If i have a long shift (36++ hours) i use Schmiere Hart by Rumble59, its grease based pomade so it last very long and give firm hold for extended period of time but low to no shines. Grease based pomade are VERY HARD TO WASH i need to wash it with shampoo like 6 or 7 times before it turn back to normal.

Thats a nice idea...
    i'll try skinhead my sides next period, hopefully i can pull them off.

#9 sartorious, May 22, 2015
    Last edited: May 22, 2015
  10. Harlusional

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I would have to say my hair is thin , I tried geling my hair into a undercut but when I geled it up , it wouldn't stay there it just kept coming down... So I definitely need to get a new gel. Any specific gel name/brand I should get or maybe I should try other hair products specifically?

11. sartorious

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay

Arfff

hey there=)

regular hair gels was rather weak on hold, but it gave good shines to pop more detail for short period of time

try water based pomade ( i personally use Layrite ) it give better hold than ordinary hairgels

good luck

12. Formality

I think bangs and fringes are really cute and modern. They are also quite low maintenance, just use some pomade to give it some texture and you're done! I used to wear a fringe and I loved it. Once I'm over with this long hair phase, whenever that may be, I'm gonna get some sweet bangs.