1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Digimon!

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by OfTheKokiri, May 26, 2015.

1. OfTheKokiri

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Currently rediscovering my childhood by watching digimon season 3. Even though it is a season I never finished watching because... well I can't recall why I stopped. Its a good sign when I can still laugh at the humor though!

I have watched season four however and I like it but I think season 3 might be near the top season, though.
    4s intro beats them all.

Anyone else a digimon fan?

2. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My brother used to watch it a little bit, I think we even owned the movie
    :lol: Never played the games though. But we were never that into to it, compared to let's say, Pokémon :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3. TENNYSON

TENNYSON Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    I love Digimon (the subbed version). Season 3 is probably the best.

They're making a sequel to the original series, but I guess it's going to be a mini-series rather than a regular television season.

4. Zombi3

The best season for me :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    [​IMG]

5. Spacesword

Yeah the first and third seasons were my favorite

6. Just1Dude

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Jr. High when the first season came to the U.S. it was my guilty pleasure, haha. I loved the story line of the first 2 seasons. It really drew me in.. even if that theme song drove me nuts :grin:

7. CJliving

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Hell yes! I love Digimon! My favourites are seasons 1 and 3. I would've liked 2 better if it was only the original 8 lol.

I've never met anyone that played the card game! Which was really disappointing because playing it solo sucked.

8. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Season One is my favorite, but only because it's the one I've seen the most and know the best. Season Two has some decent moments, but it started slacking after the whole Digimon Emperor/Kaiser-thing.

My favorite of the first season Digidestined is Matt, while my favorite Digidestined Digimon was Gomamon.

Piedmon, Puppetmon, Myotismon, and LadyDevimon were my favorite "evil" Digimon.

My favorite of the second season Digidestined was Ken, while my favorite Digidestined Digimon was Patamon.

Didn't really have a favorite "evil" Digimon, as this was one of the weaker parts of Season Two, but it was nice seeing Myotismon come back for revenge... even if his new form looked absolutely ridiculous.

Never got into Season Three and beyond, though I hear strong opinions of those.

As for the Digimon card game, I never played, but I did have a few cards. I liked the designs of them.

9. Kira

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Aww yiss!

Just like pretty much everyone here, 1 and 3.
    loved it growing up but my dad would never let me watch it, I did it anyway. Worth it. <3

When I was a little kid I was jealous of the season 1 tamers, Hahaha~
    I wanted to steal Biyomon. :lol:

10. OfTheKokiri

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I never tried the subbed version and until I watched Attack on Titans subbed I usually stuck with dubbed stuff. A mini series? Cool, but hopefully it can live up to original quality because I find the new series of digimon (after season 4) are not that good, but then again I have only seen a few episodes of them.

I liked a lot of the first cast but Izzy seems to stick in my mind a lot so I pick him as a favorite.

I felt so bad for Puppetmon when he was looking for friends and realized he didn't have any. I almost cried. Perhaps because his story resonated with me because I had quite the friendless childhood (and pretty much now as well).

I really liked wizardmon as a character and design as a digimon in the original seasons and I love his other digiform Sorcermon from season 4.

I personally would have went with patamon but totally agree otherwise.

11. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

I liked all of them, too. Except maybe Sora, but that's because she was the least developed, in my opinion.

Puppetmon was an asshole. I suppose one could say, it was his life that shaped him that way, but his biggest flaw was his inability to "grow up", to mature, and that is what led him to his demise.

I always found it interesting how, when translated for other areas, they'd take the scenes out where Puppetmon had a gun.

Myotismon was, I think, the best developed villain of the first series. I really enjoyed that arc, and it was originally supposed to be the ending to Season One. While I do like the Dark Masters, they feel rather tacked on.

I've never seen Season Three and beyond, aside from some clips and some read articles. Digimon gets kind of confusing with all the forms and mechanics. However, Digimon does have better characterization than Poke'mon, especially with the humans.

My favorite scene in Digimon, has to be when the Digidestined are fighting Devimon, and Patamon just can't seem to Digivolve. That's a very cute and touching scene.

12. OfTheKokiri

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Puppetmon had a gun!?! I did not know that. Regardless of his demenor I still felt bad for him.

Yeah I never really got into Pokemon as I did Digimon. That companion duo between digimon and tamer was missing in season 4 as the digidestined just became digimon. Interesting dynamic, kind of fell through for me but it was nice seeing the writers try a different angle.

I liked that scene too and I like angemon as a digimon as well.

13. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Indeed.

In the scene where T.K. was in Puppetmon's play room, Puppetmon wants to play with his .44 Magnum. He even plays Hide 'n Seek with the gun, to make it "more fun", with T.K. too. Later on, he even tries shooting at the Digidestined.

Understandably, I know why they removed these scenes. But it really takes away from Puppetmon, because it shows how deranged he is with wanting to be childish forever, even going to extreme lengths to threaten and coerce others into his eternal childhood.

14. OfTheKokiri

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Wow you are showing me some darker sides of digimon that I previously didn't realize.

It goes to show how many layers the show actually has which is why I probably I enjoyed it so much.

15. Toblyawesome

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am so happy I found this thread haha.
    I am a HUGE digimon fan, it's actually the series that got me drawing and eventually led me on my career path.
    Also my love of red headed ladies is entirely because of Sora 0////0 I had such a big crush on her when I was young. Her, Matt and Joe haha.
    God such a good show. Especially if you watch it back as an adult and finally understand that in season 2 TK has some serious PTSD D:

16. Nekoko

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I love digimon, its my favorite childhood anime, I even loved it over Pokemon. I wanted to be a digimon tamer waaay more than a pokemon trainer!

For a while I actually had a Digimon Webcomic called Digimon Legend, it didn't last long and I was an awkward teenager so there was some weird humor and some admittedly unintentionally dark themes... The main issue with it being that I never really kept up with it that well and the long pauses between updates left the people who read it with nothing to keep up with most of the time and me kind of getting confused about where I was taking my story. But it was sooo fun to do, I'd love to give it another try x3

As for favorite season, Tamers is an easy answer there, Rika and Renamon being my favorite pair but I also really love Savers and Xros Wars... they are both fantastic series! Though... Watch them in japanese... the english dubs really don't do them justice >.>

17. Thewriter

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Aw yes! I'm not the biggest digimon fan, but I do love the show, especially the first three season! I cannot wait for the movies to come out later this year! Ah I want a digivice so badly!

So, anyone got a favorite digimon? And if you could be a digidestined, which digimon would you have as a partner?

18. candyjiru

Omg, loved Digimon <3

Especially always emo Matt (and his amazing hair) and Ken <3

[​IMG]

19. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

My favorite Digimon are: Piedmon and Puppetmon of the Dark Masters, followed by the renegade Myotismon and LadyDevimon. I have a thing for evil, LOL.

If I could have any Digimon, I'd want Piedmon. But since that's a little, well, extreme, I'd be fine with Patamon. Angemon and beyond was an amazing Digimon. I could also accept Angewomon, too.

20. Toblyawesome

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You know me lol Favourite digimon is Kamemon, turtle that digivolves into a Rasta DJ duck!
    As a partner though, I think I would be compatible with Gomamon. He and I are both doofy and have an appreciation for terrible jokes and puns