1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A Night of Finnish Fire!

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by pirateninja, Dec 2, 2008.

1. pirateninja

Just last night, I attended "A Night of Finnish Fire!", basically a bunch of Finnish Viking Metal Bands playing one after another for some fist pumping, headbanging, booze swilling good fun! :grin: And I managed to escape with Battlelore's setlist, and my friend was given a beer by the frontman of Korpiklaani :lol:

Annnyway one question; Phil (aka Walrus), is the reason you haven't been on EC so much not because of Uni as you so claim, but because you've grown your hair, learned the guitar and been touring with a Finnish Viking metal band?

[​IMG]

I'm sorry, I can't find a better picture of the actual guy himself, and he looks completely different on the album cover (he's meant to be the guy on the end):

[​IMG]

But seriously, from the photos I've seen of Phil, all the while they were playing I was thinking "I could swear that guitarist is a Walrus in disguise."

Well Phil, what do you have to say aboot that then, fwiend?

2. Apocalypte

OMG I am so jealous of you. I would kill to see Battlelore and Korpiklaani live.

3. pirateninja

Korpiklaani were amazing. They sang "Beer Beer" as an encore and during it Jonne was giving members of the crowd free beer. Me and my friend were at the front and she got given a can of beer and Jonne was stood right next to us as we sang the chorus. :grin: Funny little story actually, my friend shared her beer with me, and then got told off by security for sharing it with "that little boy".

:eek:

I'm older than her, and she got told off for sharing it with me because I look like a prepubescent male. :lol:

4. Apocalypte

Haha, that's awesome :slight_smile:

There was one time when I was working on an assignment for college, I was just finished - and iTunes shuffle managed to throw up Beer Beer, Wooden Pints and Alestorm's "Wenches and Mead" in a row. I took that as a bit of serendipity, to say I was finished and it was time to head to the pub :slight_smile: