1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Doctor Who fans

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by XenaxGabby, May 27, 2015.

1. XenaxGabby

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I recently got into Doctor Who. I'm watching series 5. Any Whovians here?

2. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
  3. Acm

Acm Guest

I like Doctor Who

4. Ophelia

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    :grin: I <3 Doctor Who

(I'm not caught up on the current season yet though, so "no spoilers" lol )

5. Lyana

*points to sig*
    Me, me, I'm a fan. I have too much fun with this series.

6. Miko

Miko Guest

I've been a fan since I was tiny! (well, tiny-er!)

My brother took me to the Doctor Who Exposition in North Wales, he used to work there. I got to touch the Davison console, climb inside a Dalek and even got access to a whole bunch of dapol figures! (This was before the New Series or Character Options/Underground Toys.)

When the new series rolled around I freaked out so so so much, I actually missed the second episode and had to re-watch it at a friends house but since then I've never missed a single episode.

I ended up going to a place in Second Life called "The Doctor Who Experience" it's shut down now but I ended up becoming a co-owner and met my girlfriend before it closed! I'm still in SL making TARDIS consoles for fun every now and again, with SL2 releasing next year and going into beta late this year I think I'm going to have a lot more work to do with consoles! I'll add a few me and my girlfriend have made in ZBrush, Blender etc etc below. (The top one is under construction, hence some blank panels!)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also my girlfriends dad works for This Planet Earth, he makes officially licsensed Daleks and other monsters from the show you can buy and he also makes some props for the show, he's made Daleks, Cybermen heads (The one in 2005's 'Dalek'? That's his!) and a whole ton more, plus he's a pretty cool guy. ^^

On top of that I'm friends with the current host of The Doctor Who Fan Show on YouTube, she's a cool person and may be doing a piece on the Second Life TARDISes and 'New Gallifrey' a location there with a ton of RP and fan creations.

And to finally end my huge "I am so into Doctor Who you wouldn't believe it" segment.... it's inspired me to write my own sci-fi series of novels (with a game we're working on too!) that will be having their premier at the end of this year or the start of next year. It's rather different to Doctor Who but I'm sure Whovians will love it. ^^

So yeah... TL;DR; I really frigging love Doctor Who! ^^

[​IMG]

#6 Miko, May 28, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2015
  7. Lazuri

Wow, Miko--calm down, girl. Nah, I'm just kidding, I love Doctor Who and you're my best friend now.

8. Miko

Miko Guest

Ha! I was half wondering if I should pull the post or not. I kept worrying it was bragy and I HATE bragging. xD

I just genuinely get super excited about Doctor Who, it's, weird as this sounds, a pretty important part of my life! ^-^

9. Aspen

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Series five was my first (and still favorite). :grin: I'm never sure if I consider myself a fan of Doctor Who anymore. I love everything through series five and some episodes in six and seven, but I quit only a few episodes into series eight. I know a lot of people are still in love with the series but...for me it's complicated. Although I am planning a series 1-6 rewatch soon.

10. Chiroptera

Admin Team Full Member

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I love Doctor Who. Too bad it reminds me of my ex (he showed the series to me :frowning2: ), but, ye, it's great!

[YOUTUBE]6p5BEzoGwD4[/YOUTUBE]

11. Lazuri

I've loved it since I first set my eyes on it, which was admittedly late--at around December 2012, or somewhere around there--but it never had a big presence here in Sweden. I've been wanting to watch the classic episodes, but considering how many episodes there are, it's a massive undertaking. I either have to buy a ton of DVDs or clear up a fifth of my hard drive space.

12. Miko

Miko Guest

I can recommend a few good classic episodes, personally I just buy random ones here and there that take my interest!

Talons of Weng Chiang is a golden episode, one of my all time favorites with my favorite classic companion Leela.

Tomb of the Cybermen, while dated is brilliant.

Genesis of the Daleks is incredible, a must see.

Pyramids of Mars! Seriously, Sutekh gives me shivers.

Pretty much any of the Delgado Master stories from the 70's are awesome, Spearhead from Space is a fan favorite.

Also a fun little tip that's a bit cheeky, if you go onto DailyMotion you can watch a lot of classic episodes for free, I sometimes do that to figure out if an episode is worth me buying or not. ^-^

13. Lazuri

Well, at least I feel a bit confident in my Doctor Who knowledge having heard of all of those serials before.

14. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    [​IMG]

Oh yes. Doctor Who is the single best show in all of space and time. I've seen all of the episodes in the new series (from 2005) and am starting from the beginning with the 1963 classics. I live and breath this stuff.

15. star trek

Love it. I've watched nearly every episode at least 3 times, and some I've watched like 10 times. I need to re-watch the 8th series. The 12th doctor is my favorite at the moment. My dad watches it, and whenever he would put an episode on the TV I would just drop everything and watch it. I believe my first episode was Fear Her. When I got older, I watched all of it on my own. My sister always thought it was stupid, but I got her to watch it and she loves it.

#15 star trek, May 28, 2015
    Last edited: May 28, 2015
  16. Blakeee

I love Doctor Who! It's absolutely fantastic!

17. confuseddreamer

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm a massive Who fan - both the classic series, and the more recent ones.
    Who's your favourite Doctor everyone?

18. Lazuri

Well, of the one's I've seen, 11th Doctor is my favorite Doctor. I just loved the contrast of the old man and the childish facade.

19. Miko

Miko Guest

John Hurt, followed closely by Peter Capaldi, they just fit the image of who The Doctor is in my opinion perfectly. x3

20. Lazuri

If John Hurt had more than one episode, it's very likely he'd be my favorite.