1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Caitlyn Jenner

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by fern, Jun 1, 2015.

1. fern

Out Status:
    Some people
    I think she is just so inspiring - and SO beautiful! I couldn't even believe when I saw the Vanity Fair cover on my instagram this morning...I skimmed right past it thinking it was just some new woman actress on some show I don't watch.

good for her :slight_smile: I hope she inspires others to become their true selves.

2. Spacewalker

I'm really happy she finally got to be herself! At 65 (not sure), so respect!!:grin:

3. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
  4. XenaxGabby

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Goodbye Bruce, hello Caitlyn:slight_smile:

5. Sevan

She truly does look beautiful. It's amazing to see her transformation, and good for her doing it for herself despite expectations. She looks phenomenal.

6. DragKing692

(&&&)I'm proud of you, Caitlyn. You did it, and we're glad we got to meet you. Welcome to the world.

7. MurderMystery

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Caitlyn Jenner is so beautiful and I couldn't be more happy for her. It must've been hard with the media and such... but she's finally happy with herself. She's so inspiring. Welcome to the world!

8. candyjiru

I love her~ I always felt bad for her when she was on the Kardashians, and now to see her happy is so great <3 I hope everything goes well for her in the upcoming months and years <3 Here's to a happy life!

9. Skaros

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    She looks gorgeous! :slight_smile:

10. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have no idea what her character is, so obviously that's the most important.

But she's definitely beautiful, and I would be sweet to her if I ever saw her. :3

11. The Wallflower

She's definitely beautiful, no doubt. I'm just a bit tired of hearing about her everywhere I go. It's like Gangnam Style all over again...

Anywho, go Caitlyn! I'm happy she gets to be herself now. :slight_smile:

12. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    While I appreciate the comparison, Gangnam Style was easy to avoid: don't type "Gangnam Style" into YouTube search.

13. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Anybody notice the annoying Facebook shit complaining that Caitlyn Jenner is being called brave when a soldier is really the brave one. I am not going on facebook for awhile.

14. Anthemic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    She has that sophisticated, classy look and I think it's beautiful! Why must people bash other people's happiness? I think Caitlyn is such a brave woman. <3

Also, people keep calling her a faggot. She's actually a lesbian. People are too quick to judge when they didn't even watch the interview where she said she likes women. And they're so confused as to why anyone would become a woman to be with a woman. They think it always has to be penis/vagina.

#14 Anthemic, Jun 2, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2015
  15. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You give people some credit by saying "think" like that. :wink: They just parrot out notions they stumbled into in their formative years and never considered they may be misguided.

She looks phenomenal and all the publicity surrounding her has surely done wonders for trans visibility. Reminds me of Lana Wachowski. Occasionally I'll say "the Wachowski broth... siblings." I'm working on it. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

16. photoguy93

As I referenced in another post, I saw this. I actually reported a few of them.

One reply I wanted to say was that the award is the COURAGE award. How many people would, say, get on a magazine cover and share their deepest secrets? Yeah, gonna guess those shit heads wouldn't. Caitlyn is courageous and brave.

So are service men and women. So are nurses and doctors and teachers and every other brave and courageous person. Not only are these people insulting Caitlyn, they are insulting anyone else. I know of some doctors and nurses who are not brave. I know of Starbucks Barista's who are incredibly brave (I just saw one confront a clearly disturbed man outside, like it was a walk in the park.)

I really don't know how to handle it. I'd love to create an open dialogue but I am gonna guess people give no shits.

17. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    People are saying absolutely rancid things. Some of it stems from the vapid-ness of the media and how they've latched onto her instead of "real issues" although treatment of trans people *is* a real issue. A largely invisible one for most people, but for those in her situation it's got to be a pretty frickin' big deal.

And the post about how soldiers have real courage? Yes, they do. But courage is found wherever one pursues the right thing against towering adversity. You don't have to get shot at in order to be brave, and that hints at the other issue of undue glorification of a soldier's job. They're respectable and admirable in the highest degree. Doesn't mean they're war gods and the rest of us are cowardly ingrates.

18. ApexxShadow

So much respect for her. I'm very proud.

19. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah some people just are narrow minded and not worth the time. Some people are combating it with their own posts and that is a good thing though. It is waste to time to argue with people who jump to conclusions without looking at the whole picture which is people who are lgbt are still at risk for being bullying or killed which therefore I say they are brave. So i just simply wrote a Facebook post defining bravery and that was that.

20. Hiems

I agree! Because so many people link gender identity and expression to sexual orientation, they become misguided. Camp guys can be straight (I actually know some). Feminine girls can be lesbian. Trans men can be straight. Trans women can be lesbian. There are so many possibilities of how someone can be like. Is it that hard to accept them for who they are? ._.