1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

broke back

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by vixx123, Dec 4, 2008.

1. vixx123

vixx123 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    did u think broke back mt. waz a good movie? i did that movie helped me figrue out who i am

2. gemerency

it was ok, but it was waaaaay to quiet. the musicless background made the movie seem so sad and hopeless, i don't like movies like that

3. xequar

Brokeback Mountain? No, it was not a good movie. It took over two and a half hours to tell an 80-minute story, the soundtrack was a more effective sleep-aid than was 2001: A Space Oddysey's (and most prescription drugs, for that matter), and I didn't find it nearly as inspiring as most people suggested it is. I will say, however, that the acting was good (what little the actors had to do, given that there wasn't that much dialogue).

4. Miles D

Wow, I really liked BBM! And I thought the soundtrack was fantastic (although I may be biased, one of my dad's friend played slide-guitar on it :slight_smile: )
    I didn't mind seeing Jake Gyllenhaal make out with Heath Ledger, either!
    :grin:

5. xxxxx

xxxxx Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Ya It was alright needed more action though. lol Just one of them strange film's I guess.

6. ELusiveMuse

ELusiveMuse Guest

I remember seeing it at the cinema with my ex ( and definitely last ) girlfriend and it made a big impression on me for a while, made me take a good look at myself and ask whether i was as straight as i pretended ; then denial kicked back in :slight_smile:.
    As a film i thought it was quite good in general.

7. Just Adam

when it came out i was in denial and had every guy saying eww its a pair of gays and there was no way i could see that... i also personally thought the film as a film would be crap just two guys camping for a couple of hours.... watched month or so ago it was meh very meh nothing special which is annoying i wanted to be inspired ! i wanted to come away thinking oh my god its ok to like guys... nope it was very depressing they were always sad.

8. Greggers

It was the topic of ridicule when it first came out at my Christian school, and i think i heard a lecture against it in church too, so i never saw it back then.

However i downloaded it about a week or two ago and i loved it :slight_smile: I watched it super late at night and i still didnt fall asleep, so i didnt find it that *Yawn*fest.

It could hae been shorter though...

9. Shevanel

Whoa whoa whoaaaa. First off, there will be no comparing of 2001: A Space Odyssey to Brokeback Mountain. lol. I personally didn't like it all that much and thought it was rather overrated and overhyped. It wasn't a "gay cowboy" film as it was marketed. The Soundtrack was probably the best part of it, and thats about it honestly. I thought it was overdramatic and just not that great. 2001: A Space Odyssey is an amazing film, its boring in a completely different way than Brokeback Mountain. Its quietness is showing what it'd be like to be in Space, like when all you hear is breathing or something, because in Space, its obviously really quiet. Brokeback Mountain was an exploitation film I feel, honestly.

EDIT: Irony, Brokeback Mountain was on last night and I was pissed because i was like why can't a good movie be on tonight... and then 2001: A Space Odyssey was just about to start and I was beyond happy :grin: Stanley Kubrick > Ang Lee :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

#9 Shevanel, May 12, 2009
    Last edited: May 12, 2009
  10. The Enigma

The Enigma Guest

I agree with Joey. To me, it was not inspirational at all and it was atrociously boring. I've watched tons of films with less of a budget and still came out happy and satisfied. There was not enough to really, truly engage me and the only fact it kept my attention was that it was one of the first gay movies I'd ever seen.

The story was rather dull and nothing truly original. The sex was a bit violent, and the kissing more like lip-assault. Was definitely not enjoying that. It looked a little forced and the fake lisps were distracting. And all the homophobia, and hiding their lives from their wives was a bit of an easy way out for the writer I think to get back to Brokeback. It seemed like so much was forced and I really didn't enjoy it all that much.

11. Mysterons

Mysterons Guest

Totally overhyped. It was overall cute but in the end it was just another 'forbidden love story'. As a criticism of homophobia it could've been a lot stronger.

The acting was overhyped as well... it seems to me gay people praised it for being two 'masculine gay cowboys' (and not the usual 'bitchy girly' stereotype), and straight people liked it because they think that having to kiss another man being straight is the most challenging thing ever.

12. Mason

I actually loved this movie. Two of my favorite and hottest actors in my opinion and they are making out on screen. It was a cool movie. Although, I agree with people when they say it needed more action and more of a story line.

13. olides84

I thought it was really good. I saw it in a theater, and I wonder if that would have made a difference to those of you who thought it was slow and boring. Because it has absolutely beautiful cinematography, the locations were epic, and with the music and the simple dialog it just created an overall sense of place on the big screen. Not all movies need to have action, or extensive dialog, or some multi-layered confusing plot.

14. someguy82

It was a well acted, but it's overly long, slow, at many times boring, depressing, and is extremely overrated.

15. Just Adam

as eric cartman would say it was just two gay cowboys eating pudding. but i do appreciate the fact it did premote gay films as such i suppose but like i said previously i just want a loving gay film not a sad depressive one as it puts a bleak view on homosexuality because all they did in the film wa either wrestle with what they called sex and head butting which was kissing :S then cryed ALOT and be all moody.

i demand happy gays !

16. olides84

Then go watch Another Gay Movie, or Eating Out 2. :slight_smile:

For some reason, I really like slow, moody and sad movies, gay or not. Ang Lee also made the Ice Storm (with Sigourney Weaver :icon_bigg) that was also really deliberate and bleak like Brokeback Mountain. My favorite at times slow, depressing but oh so sexy gay film is Come Undone (Presque Rien).

17. Just Adam

eating out 2 that sounds... interesting lol

18. MusicIsLife

I really enjoyed it. Even though it was about guys and not girls, it for sure helped me figure myself out.

19. Just Adam

i suppose thats the main thing then if you can take somethign away from the film then its worth it

i personally wasent able too :frowning2: it left despairing thoughts in me that if i meet someone i love will i ever be able to be with them :frowning2:

but then i remember its a film so meh hehe :grin:

20. Techcompu2

i liked it personally