1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is anyone a fan of Rupaul's Drag Race?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Dizzydreamer, Jun 8, 2015.

1. Dizzydreamer

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    OKay, so RPDR is one of my favorite shows of all time. Season 6 was my favorite because my A1 day 1 Adore Delano made top 3 that season.
    If you watch it lets talk:
    Favorite queen:
    Favorite Season:
    Who you think should have won this season:
    IMO, I think Katya should have never gotten kicked off, bc I would have loved to see her take the crown! No shade to Violet though, she kicked ass.
    Opinions???
    :rolle::rolle::rolle:

2. Jonathan

I only started watching it this season, so most of my viewpoints are going to be limited to that :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Favorite Queen: Bianca Del Rio
    Favorite Season: Season 7 (for obvious reasons lol)
    Who should have won this season: Initially, I want to say Ginger. However, the way she acted in the last show (not the finale) kind of staled me on her. So I'm going to have to agree with you and say that I would have been thrilled if Katya won it all.

3. Eiji

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I began watching at the start of season 6, and I was just hooked from that first sight of a lace front.

Favorite queen: Difficult, so many to choose from! But I think I'll have to go with Adore, She just got that personality :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    Favorite Season: Season 6, mainly because it was my first season.
    Who you think should have won this season: Well Katya was my first pick, but Ginger was a second. I could have lived with Pearl winning as well.

4. hollychristina

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    omg! i loooove Drag Race and been a fan since season 2 which is the season I started watching.
    Favorite queen: It is a toss up between Adore,Ivy,or Tatianna.I have so many favorites but those are the top 3 .i might have to also include Pearl.
    Favorite season: it is either season 5 or 6. both were strong season creatively.
    Who do you think should have won this season:If we are talking about the season as a whole my personal favorite was Kandy Ho but I knew she wasnt going to win still puerto rican queens are my weakness both in and out of drag if we are talking Top 3 from the season than I was team Pearl all the way but Violet i think will be a great winner.Ginger was good but comedy queens have won a few seasons so there needed to be someone new.

5. xylaz

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Started watching the last season and felt an immediate attraction to Violet Chachki. Literally never laughed at a show so hard my cheeks hurt....LOVED ITT!! All the characters were great.
    Stopped at some point because of school and well getting caught. My room doesn't lock.
    Needless to say, I was ecstatic that Violet won. She was amazing! I plan on watching the whole season even though I saw the end.

6. hollychristina

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    You will love the whole season. it is such a fun show to watch :slight_smile: if you need to ask about anything from the show dont hesistate. I have watched the show since season 2.

7. Sek

Sek

RPDR is such an inspiration for me! It's such a great show. Actually, I was reading up on the stonewall protests/riots and it makes me so happy that society has come to a point where this is allowed.

There's even huge advertisements for RPDR on the buses all over London where I live - that's incredible!

Can I say RuPaul is my favourite queen? There really is no one like her. When she came out on the scene, both black people and crossdressers were shunned but she made it mainstream. And now she is letting other queens do the same.

If I had to pick a queen other than Ru it would be Willam, actually she is how I found out about the show. I found her youtube series Willam's Beatdown by chance and looked into her more and found out she was a contestant on the show. She is hilarious and SO smart and sickeningly talented! I think she's the next queen who will make it big.

Other queens I love include Katya, Ginger Minj, Violet Chachki, Bianca Del Rio, Adore Delano, Courtney Act, Darienne Lake, Kelly Mantle, Jinkx Monsoon, Alaska, Alyssa Edwards, Latrice Royale, Raja, Manila Luzon, Raven, Jujubee, Shangela, and the incomparable Tammie Brown.

#7 Sek, Jun 9, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2015
  8. AthenaEvince

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Favorite queen: torn between Jujubee, Chad Michaels, Adore Delano and Bianca del Rio...UGH. or Alaska Thunderf*ck.... I really enjoyed Sharon Needles in her original season....
    Favorite Season: Season 2 is amazing, and then All Stars (with Jujube, Michaels, Raven, etc)
    Who you think should have won this season: umm.. Ginger Minge for sure. It was such an odd season compared to the past couple I thought...

And I COMPLETELY agree about Katya. I would've loved for her to have won it all -- I think I just love kitchy queens, and I was sad queens with such straightforward "looks and fashion" were dominating the top three (minus ginger -- while she has looks, etc, she also had a huge personality)

But bitch please they bring a box on any season mid-season, I'm so scared its going to be Shangela jumping out of it! hahahaha

9. Foz

Foz Guest

[​IMG]

All these queens and other nonsense is a reason why I was in the closet for so long as I didn't want to be identified as part of that.

10. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am, but I haven't tuned in for S7 much with the exception of maybe two episodes. Favorite season, maybe two or three. Favorite queen...I don't know completely. My favorites in no order are Jujubee, Jinkx Monsoon, Alaska Thunderfuck, Latrice Royale, Ben Dela Creme, and Courtney Act. I used to be a big fan of Sharon Needles until I caught wind of some of the more racist comments she's made.

11. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The use of the word "nonsense" is very subjective, and to some may come off as somewhat offensive, especially to those who do drag for a hobby. I guess if all hobbies are also nonsense to you though, to each their own.

To answer OP's question, yes, I like RuPaul's Drag Race (also known as RuPaul's Best Friend Race. Wait, it isn't RuPaul's Best Friend Race? Okay.) and will watch it from time to time. I wouldn't consider myself a religious watcher of the show, however. Although I will say that Glamazon is an amazing song :thumbsup:

12. Minamimoto_Fan

I watch it from time to time

I haven't been watching a lot of logo programming as of late, but I always did like to watch.

13. ErickWolf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm terrible at keeping up on tv shows, but from the episodes I've seen, I like it. It reminds me a bit of the drag queen comedy movie Priscilla: Queen of The Desert if anybody's watched that.

14. Van

Van

Do I watch RuPaul's Drag Race? [​IMG]

Favourite queens (in no particular order) - Manila Luzon, Bianca Del Rio, Ben Delacreme, Adore Delano, Latrice Royale, Alaska, Jinkx Monsoon, Milk, Pearl, Max, Allyssa Edwards, Shangela, Raven, Jujubee, Pandora Boxx, Katya.
    Favourite season (in this order) - 6, 5, 4, 7, 3, All Stars, 2, 1.

Well, I thought Violet was a fierce queen and she deserved to win.

15. yaoicore

yaoicore Guest

I don't watch it,nope

16. Anastaisa_Lynn_14

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Favorite queen: willam, kandy ho, Katya, max, adore Delano, Bianca deal rio, rupaul, jujubee, raven, shangela, detox, Courtney act, ginger minj.
    Favorite Season: witch season had willam?
    Who you think should have won this season:definitely Katya.

17. mituaski

mituaski Guest

Season 8 is almost here! Anyone see the Christmas Special?

Start your engines! :eusa_clap

18. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

I watched it with a friend and had some fun with it, but eh, not really. Nothing against drag queens but I kind of hate everything they stand for.

19. eMei

Favorite queen: Miss Darienne Lake
    Other Favourites: Shannel, Alyssa Edwards, Laganja Estranja, Tatiana, Jujubee, Shangela, Manila Luzon, Willam, Courtney Act & Miss Fame
    Favorite Season: Season 5
    Who you think should have won this season: I agree with Jinkx winning.

20. ForNarnia

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Favourite Queen: Pandora Boxx / Sharon Needles
    Favourite Season: 3

I love this show!!!! (!)