1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trans music/anime/etc.

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Invidia, Jun 14, 2015.

1. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    Goodnight EC! ^_^

I was wondering if you guys know some music, anime, movies, even books or whatever, with a transgender theme?

I got recommended an anime, Hourou Musuko (Wandering Son), it's really great :slight_smile: It's about an MtF person and an FtM person who are friends,

The lead singer of the pop-punk band Against Me! is a trans woman. Her lyrics on the album Transgender Dysphoria Blues are really strong and I think it's a great album.

2. J Q

J Q

I've watched that anime! It was so good.. I recommend the manga as well.

3. RainDreamer

I don't often watch anime or movies, but I read a lot and there is a manga called Bokura no Hentai, with one of the main character a transgirl.

Then there are some web comic I have been following:
    Validation Comic - About a nerdy transgirl who try to live her life to the fullest. Quite light hearted, but sometimes can be serious

The Princess - Well? - story of a young trans girl (like 9 or 10 or 12). Funny at times, sad at times, wacky a lot of other times.

Portside Stories - About two friends, both are trans. Really cute. Slow update though

Rain LGBT | Home - slice of life story about a transgirl in high school and her friends.

http://transgirlnextdoor.tumblr.com/ - kind of web comic, kind of blog. Tells the life of the author, who is a transgirl, in a very humourous way, despite the hardships.

4. Invidia

Invidia Guest

J Q, do you know if it's over btw? :astonished: It isn't right, it's only been 12 episodes?

Thanks, Rain! :slight_smile:

5. Eveline

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thank you, thank you, thank you! (*hug*)

The princess it is so unbelievably adorable, reminds me of Calvin and Hobbes!

6. XenaxGabby

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Regarding music, there is a band called the Cliks, fronted by a trans man. Not sure if they are still together though.

7. Libra Neko

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The Starlights in Sailor Moon (the last season) can actually change their genders.
    Kamatari from Rurouni Kenshin is practically trans too.

8. Tai

Tai

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I love Hourou Musuko! I watched the anime, then read the manga... The anime was good but if it followed the manga it would be so much better. They left out a whole arc in the beginning and some bits at the end. I suggest reading the manga, there is way more content.

9. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Is the anime over? In that case, I shall read the manga... haven't done that in a while lol...

10. Eye Shine

Well the Fosters has one Trans actor playing a trans FtM and the new show on ABC Family/Hulu is a docu series of transgender people.

Also there is an anime called Princess Jellyfish one of the main characters likes to cross dress but it seems to me like he wants to be a she. Ultimately I don't think the character specifically embraced either so I would believe it to be open to interpretation. I interpret it as he wants to be a woman. It's on Netflix (last I checked) if you are interested.

11. Ineedmywaifu

Out Status:
    A few people
    About the Princess Jellyfish anime, I'm pretty certain that Kuronosuke is just a crossdresser, he says in the show he's a straight guy that just enjoys to crossdress, something due to mother related. But it was such a great anime indeed! idgaf if he's a guy, he's my waifu.

Sidenote-also learned that Grell from Black Bulter is trans

I was also on the lookout for some Trans based material to read with not much luck.
    I've got an intersex manga though just called IS (Is - Otoko Demo Onna Demo Nai Sei manga - Mangago)

and one about norse mythos (not a serious series) (SGVY :: Sparkling Generation Valkyrie Yuuki - Sexy Fun!)

12. Lazuri

One of the members of the band Steampowered Giraffe is a MtF transgender and is actually the person who inspired me to transition.

They basically created their entire fictional universe about steampunk robots doing entertainment and then they impersonate those robots on stage. It's very original.

This video is from before Rabbit came out as trans and before she started transition, but it's one of their better ones and also one of the videos that showcase their whole robot thing the best. Rabbit is the main vocalist in this one. The one with the long curly hair is no longer in the band because he sucks and the other one is Rabbit's identical twin brother, though they're not so identical any more.

[YOUTUBE]ojYK6CW8gdw[/YOUTUBE]

This videos is in mid transition and is an "advertisement" of Rabbit's "model", just to show her as she is now.

[YOUTUBE]5AHhoaG84ew[/YOUTUBE]