1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PayPal

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by myra, Dec 8, 2008.

1. myra

Has anyone used this system? I'm considering signing up for an account so I can take surveys through AOL and get paid for them. I'm a college student so I thought it may help with books for these quarters. What is everyones opinion of PayPal? How safe do you think it is? Have you ever had any problems with it? Does fraud occur often? Just want some basic info about it. Thanks guys.

2. Emile

Emile Guest

I've been using it for quite a while and I haven't had any problems :grin: . It seems pretty safe to me. I know someone who had a problem with something he bought off eBay and PayPal refunded him. So I think PayPal is a good thing.

3. Words

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Yup, paypal itself is great. It's a lot safer than giving out credit cards to buy stuff online. But it still contains a lot of your info, so you should be safe. Here are a few tips:

-Make sure you use a good password that nobody knows, and one that you don't use for anything else. A good password is one that contains a combination of letters and numbers - avoiding full words as much as possible.

-If you are ever linked to paypal from another website make sure it is actually paypal.com in your top address bar. Sites can pretend to be paypal to get you to enter your info.

Might sound a little scary but paypal is really quite good at being safe, and they protect you from scams like said above.

4. sdc91

Yup, beware. Make sure if you're ever on a "PayPal" page, it begins with https://, not just http://. Notice the "s" at the end, for secure.

My dad's been using it, and I have an account (even though I'm not 18 yet, lol), and we haven't had any negative experiences with PayPal itself, just some eBayers.