1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

50 Shades of Gray is about a girl being indoctrinated

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Simple Thoughts, Jun 16, 2015.

1. Simple Thoughts

2. Music Girl

Music Girl Guest

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Holy shit... I mean, it's true. But, on the other hand, there are plenty of other situations where this happens, except for the last part. In theory, that last step, "controlling identity and behavior" could be substituted for any ultimate goal, because those first 7 steps are very effective. I think it's creepier because Ana actually ends up LOVING him by the end, after being isolated by him in order to keep her to himself. There's a name for that you know... Just a little thing called Stockholm's Syndrome...

One technique Christian employed that he forgot to mention was that he seemingly gave her "a way out", even though he knew she wouldn't use it. He gave her the opportunity to leave, but the relationship would be over, essentially tethering her to it. He gave her a safe word, but she only used it once out of the many times he pushed her well out of her comfort zone.

3. Lyana

Well, we already knew it was abuse and manipulation, so why not indoctrination while he's at it? 50SoG didn't need this to be disturbing, but the video is very interesting since it puts it in a new light. Thanks for sharing.

4. Simple Thoughts

Yeah it popped up in my youtube subscriptions list and I figured I'd see what you all thought about it.

I could understand 50 shades of gray as an erotic story for people with a particular type of fetish and power fantasies but....

making it into a movie and treating it the way it's being treated?

That's gonna leave a bad impression on people.