1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cabaret (Liza Minelli)

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by ArcusPuer, Dec 10, 2008.

1. ArcusPuer

ok so i just finished watching it,
    i loved the songs, teh bisexual love triangle and the main character being a childish but sad aispiring star.

the end left me with a foul taste in my mouth though.... the whole reflection thing and then there was all teh nazi's sitting there.... made me really sad,

anyway point of this is,
    what were your opinions on teh movie?
    i thought they could have done more with the story line.
    and god the MC is creepy! Such an odd voice, but great all the same i thought.

oh oh oh and the scene in the countryside with the beautiful nazi boysinging that song in english, and then everyone else chimes in, that was disturbing because the song sounded so pleasant. i thought it was beautiful til teh camera panned down and you saw teh swassstiker (i learn german but i have no idea how to spell that word, the nazi symbol)
    ok now i'll let ou peole comment
    night night

2. BeautifulStranger

I absolutely loathe the movie.
    However, I love the musical.

Liza Minelli never has been my favorite person, nor will she ever be. It makes me slightly sick to my stomach to know that she's considered one of Broadway's gems.
    Alright, Joel Grey (the MC. Fun-fact, he was also the original Wizard of Oz in 'Wicked') killed as the MC to me. And not in a good way. Alan Cumming's portrayal of the MC in the 1996 RCR (Revial Cast Recording) is absolutely MARVELOUS!!!

As for the music... They cut too many songs. Including one of my personal favorites, "Don't Tell Mama".

All over, I give it a 2 out of 10.
    And it pains me to do so... Remember people, I love musicals.

3. ArcusPuer

well perhaps i should someday check out the musical,
    i still liked the movie....