1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone read books by Christopher Rice?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by friendsvme, Dec 10, 2008.

1. friendsvme

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I've just recently found out about a gay author, Christopher Rice.
    I really want to read his books but it seems impossible to get here in Malaysia.
    I'm searching for his "A Density of Souls" but can't seem to find it anywhere.
    Luckily after searching like a million bookstores, I've finally found another book written by him called "Light Before Day".
    Has anyone here read it before? I just think it's a great book. Well, mostly it's because it's the first book I've ever read that has gay main and supporting characters.
    Is there any other books that has gay main characters??Any suggestion?

2. Peter

Don't know Christopher Rice. Other books around gay main characters include most books by Alan Hollinghurst, Felice Picano and Jamie O'Neill. Depending on what you are looking for. "At Swim Two Boys" by Jamie O'Neill is one of my favourite books all time. Well written, good story, researched historical context (the Easter rising, Ireland, 1915-1916).

3. BlueRose

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    A Density of Souls disappointed me. I'm not sure exactly what it was, but I didn't particularly care for it. At Swim Two Boys was definitely a much better book. Also, A Separate Peace by John Knowles is also arguably about a gay guy, but it's very subtle.

4. badwolf104

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The Snow Garden is one of the best books I have ever read. I don't really know of any others like it. Notes on a Scandal maybe, but without the gay subplots.

5. acorn7

I adored A Density of Souls :slight_smile: Snow Garden was pretty good as well. I just love his writing style, even if the plot get a little over the top sometimes!