1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fav lyrics?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by quietisviolent, Jun 25, 2015.

1. Don't know if there's a thread like this yet, but I think the title makes clear what I want you to do: send you favourite lyrics of any song.

I don't think I have a fav one, but I like:
    'Sometimes to stay alive you gotta kill your mind' - twenty one pilots (Migraine)
    'Sometimes quiet is violent' twenty one pilots (Car Radio)
    'It's not your fault and if it was I wouldn't care' - Paramore (Proof)
    'It's just a spark but it's enough to keep me going' - Paramore (Last Hope)
    'De druk op God wordt groter en ze draagt het allemaal' - Typhoon (Hemel Valt)
    'I can't hate the ones who made me' - You Me At Six (Bite My Tongue)

Yeah there's a lot more, but I hope it inspires you too, haha!

:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:ride:

2. KissedbyDemons

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I love those bands!

My favorite lyrics would have to be:

If you can't hang, then there's the door baby- Sleeping With Sirens

:slight_smile:

3. yaoicore

yaoicore Guest

cool kids-Echosmith. cause I always replace one of the words of the song. ''cool kids''cis kids''

4. Posthuman666

Oh boy. You've unleashed the beast :slight_smile:

All is not been broken
    On streets I dare not walk
    Freedom is an illusion
    All is not been broken
    On streets I dare not walk
    Freedom is an illusion
    I build my fences high
    If there was something out there
    I've learned not to expect
    There's a hundred million reasons
    Not to care " Misery's Crown by Dark Tranquility

"We may be broken but you can't kill all of us" Devils Night by Motionless In White

This whole song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqBLyF94esg

"But all the drugs in this world won't save her from herself"
    "You were from a perfect world, a world that threw me away today" Coma White by Marilyn Manson

"Hey you what do you see? Something beautiful or something free?" The Beautiful People by Marilyn Manson

"Take your hatred out on me, make your victim my head, you never ever believed in me, I am your tourniquet" Tourniquet by Marilyn Manson

Okay, literally anything by Marilyn Manson <3

"Ive felt the hate rise up in me, kneel down and clear the stone of leaves, Ive wandered out where you can't see, inside my shell I wait and bleed" Wait and Bleed by Slipknot

"To all the people that think Im strange, that I should be out of here locked up in a cage, you don't know what the fuck now anyway, you got this pretty boy feeling like I'm enslaved" F**** by KoRn

"
    This is no tragedy - there is no cause to mourn
    I am too fortunate to walk on the inside
    While I become - Debased!
    You're left with your frustration
    Ah, but such things I have in mind... fueled by your
    Drug-fucking abomination" Drug Fucking Abomination by Anaal Nakrath

"I dont wanna be me anymore" I don't wanna be me by Type O Negative

These are just the few that came to mind. I listen to 400+ bands, I got a lot of favorite lyrics.
    I have a lot more, but a lot of them are, shall we say, gruesome ( I'm looking at you death metal...) Most of the lyrics are either gory, horrifying or downright evil......

5. annibomb

Out Status:
    A few people
    "Sometimes you gotta bleed to know... That you're alive and have a soul"- Tear in my Heart (Twenty-One Pilots)
    "My love for you was bullet-proof but you're the one who shot me"- Bulletproof Love (Pierce the Veil)
    "Darling you'll be okay..."- Hold on Till May (Pierce the Veil)

6. ilovemylife

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    My favorite lyric is definitely from the song Tragedy + Time by Rise Against:
    "All that matters is the time we had,
    Doesn't matter how it all went bad.
    Never wonder what it might be like.
    Shut the door. Say goodbye."
    It's something that I always listen to whenever I'm feeling down about something.

The other favorite lyric is the one in my signature from Cough Syrup by Young the Giant:
    "Life's too short to even care at all."
    Again, it's something I choose to live by, and it brings my spirits up every now and then.

7. Azrael

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    "Honest to God I'll break your heart, tear you to pieces and rip you apart"
    Thirty Seconds to Mars - Night of the Hunter

"We are the Kings and Queens of Promise, we are the victims of ourselves, maybe the Children of a lesser God"
    Thirty Seconds to Mars - Kings and Queens

I love 30 Seconds to Mars, it's angsty, clichéd and so and so, but it's given some courage through my suicidal periods and inspired me to help others live a life following their lyrics.

Oh yes, pretty much everything in 'Hero Of War' by Rise Against. It hit me in the gut cuz my crush/bestfriend wanted to be a soldier and being a friend I couldn't stop him from doing what he wanted, I could only sit and be supportive and cautioning.

8. Chi and Bashful

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Uh oh...
    "They say the Game has a belly of a beast with blunts for fingers and hallow tips for teeth wiretaps for ears, Nike airs for feet, Blasphemy for prayers, a system for a heart, rap music for beats, heroin for a son is married to the streets with crack pipes for lungs and he never sleeps just spies, with dice in his eyes loves life cause he likes when in dies, with a baking soda soul he coughs up pleasure, with clothes made out of dollar bills that sews together, he knows he's clever jealous is house, all the liquor that's poured out goes right in his mouth, and he rides around on a stray bullet with prostitutes, pimps, dope dealers, and killers tied to it to pull it, tv in his head strippers slide down his leg and he known to ride around with the feds cause hes out there" -Lupe Fiasco Real recognize Real

9. Nelly1

Out Status:
    Some people
    "Sometimes I ignore you, so I feel in control 'Cause really, I adore you" - Marina and the Diamonds, Starring Role
    "You can't breathe until you choke, you gotta laugh when you're the joke. There's nothing like a funeral to make you feel alive." Sixx:A.M., Life is Beautiful
    And all the lyrics to Linkin Park, Breaking the Habit, e.g. "Clutching my cure, I tightly lock the door, I try to catch my breath again..."

10. ApexxShadow

"The truth never set me free, so I did it myself" - Paramore, Careful.

"Midas is king and he holds me so tight and turns me to gold in the sunlight" - Florence + the Machine, Rabbit Heart

"I took the stars from my eyes, and then I made a map.
    And knew that somehow I could find my way back.
    Then I heard your heart beating, you were in the darkness too.
    So I stayed in the darkness with you.” -Florence + the Machine, Cosmic Love

11. timo

*points at signature*

12. Formality

"I'm starting with the man in the mirror, I'm asking him to change his ways. And no message could have been any clearer, If you want to make the world a better place, Take a look at yourself, and then make a change" - Michael Jackson, Man In the Mirror

"Fear not this night, you will not go astray. Though shadows fall, still the stars find their way. And you can always be strong. Lift your voice, with the first light of dawn. Dawn is just a heartbeat away. Hope's just a sunrise away." Jeremy Soule ft. Asja, Fear Not This Night

"Some people have everything, and other people don't. But everything don't mean a thing if it ain't the thing you want" - Charles Wright, Express Yourself

"I'm just a dreamer but i'm hanging on, though i am nothing big to offer. I watch the birds, how they dive in then gone, it's like nothing in this world's ever still" - The Tallest Man on Earth, The Dreamer

"Imagine there's no countries
    It isn't hard to do
    Nothing to kill or die for
    And no religion too
    Imagine all the people
    Living life in peace..." John Lennon, Imagine

"And it's so sad to see the world agree
    That they'd rather see their faces fill with flies
    All when I'd want to keep white roses in their eyes" - Neutral Milk Hotel, Holland 1945.
    ^^
    These three lines are probably the most touching I've ever heard in a song and they get me every time. Always leaves me with a tear in the eye and a strange feeling in my chest.

I also think the song "Strange Fruit" by Billie Holiday deserves a mention because the lyrics coupled with the pain expressed in her voice is really touching.

13. Jakob

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    From Nine is God by Wavves:

A bullet in my head
    Finally
    Picking through the lead, who knew?
    That's inside of me
    So one more in my eye, and now
    I can see
    Just push me off the ledge

14. CJliving

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    "So there I said it/ And I won't apologize to you anymore/ Cause I'm a grown-ass man/ And I won't live again/ And I'm sick and tired of living in your shadows/ So there I said it"
    - Adam Lambert, "There I Said It" (The Original High); full vid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzzvlYoilYI

"So everybody - ever be buddies/ Days we grew up are days we will treasure(show)/ Everybody show is begining curtain has risen/ Make your own storyline/ Dream as if you will live forever/ And live as if you'll die today"
    - One OK Rock, "c.h.a.o.s.m.y.t.h." (Zankyo Reference); full vid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-xF2MAFw5s

"Now, without realizing my weakness/ I get high on delusion/ And act as if I made them die out/ “Just like a summer moth to a flame”/ You don’t know crap/ Stupid tiny insect/ How about I tear you to pieces and rid you from my head?/ You don’t know crap/ Stupid tiny insect/ You will bite me/ You don’t know crap/ Stupid tiny insect/ How about I tear you to pieces and rid you from my head?/ You don’t know death/ Stupid tiny insect/ I hate you who have managed to stay alive/ Hello…Deadly tiny monster"
    - the GazettE, [translated] "Stupid Tiny Insect" (Beautiful Deformity); guitar cover vid that was the best thing I could find 'cause PS Company sucks: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qddB01Mq3U

15. frankiecosmos

"used to dream of outer space but now they're laughing at your face saying wake up you need to make money" from stressed out - twenty one pilots
    "they let us play with markers but i keep trying to draw infinity" from the church channel - say anything
    "I'm watching all the boys fall one by one come clean" from monogamy - self

16. Van

Van