1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Favorite Short Films

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by The Escapist, Jun 26, 2015.

1. The Escapist

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What are some of your favorite short films you've found around the web, on YouTube, anywhere? I've lost alot of good ones I enjoyed and got something out of, but I find since I can't focus for very long, these make for good entertainment.

Any theme is welcome, just share.
    LGBT+ are some of my favorites, cute or inspiring.
    Serious issue ones or just for fun.
    Anything that's gotten your attention or made you think. :slight_smile:

The only one I had favorited is this. As someone who has struggled almost their entire life with severe OCD and has missed out on many years of their life, they hit this one spot on. Very dramatic to the point of humor if it wasn't so realistic.
    [YOUTUBE]nRChZGLcGCk[/YOUTUBE]

You do get extra points and cookies if you can find an OCD one I haven't seen that's really well put together. Not gonna lie. :lol:

2. sappho06

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Imagine a world where beimg gay was the norm and straight the minority.
    It's the [long] title of a short film on Youtube. And I must say it's one of the best I've seen.

3. CJliving

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Tomboy was really good.

4. wisefolly

wisefolly Guest

#4 wisefolly, Jun 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2015
  5. blackhatguy

6. Ardi

Out Status:
    Some people
    I saw this one a while ago and I found it to be very good. Y)ou have to pay close attention to the details to truly find out the whole story, which is why I like it so much

http://youtu.be/3L3iHMZKMO0

7. ModernCat

ModernCat Guest

"Thirteen minutes or so" was a very touching flim.

8. souverian

Struggling to remember, there are a few I really liked but none are coming to mind right now. :/
    I guess a music video will count for now unless I can think of anything better. It's wonderful either way, and I'm glad I found it. imo it could count as a short film if you chose to see it that way.

[YOUTUBE]Hzg3CPHrwbE[/YOUTUBE] Very detailed for a sub-5-minute film. Narrative was very well-constructed.

#8 souverian, Jul 17, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2015
  9. waitwhat

waitwhat Guest

I haven't seen too many short films, but there are two that stand out. Not sure of the title, but it's the one the world is full of homosexuals and the little girl is hetero. I'm sure of you have seen and know what I'm talking about. The other one is called The Last Session. It's about a lady who is seeing a therapist with her husband, however, he never shows up to the session. There are flashbacks of the lady going to confront her husband's mistress and telling her she is pregnant. When she leaves, the people in the mistress's office run over to the window, the wife gets in a cab, and you find out that the World Trade Center was struck by two airplanes, and the husband was inside. It's obviously better when you watch it, but you kind of aren't expecting that twist.