1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

very dissapointed and bummed out

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by sheenak, Jul 1, 2015.

1. sheenak

:confused:I'm a huge sports fan and follow it pretty closely. I was surprised and delighted to learn the Detroit football team is having a LGBTQ night.The article reporting the event was followed by a comments section that just shocked me.
    Almost without exception the comments were just vile and hateful .The lack of compassion by the straight community was unreal. Right now I feel like I want nothing to do with straight people if this is how they really feel,I know this is wrong but jeez,what have we ever done to deserve such hate? I think I live a moral,decent life but that doesn't seem to matter.Right now I'm on the verge of tears but I 'm also starting to get really pissed.

2. SabreBear

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's not a good mentality to have that all straight (or cis) people are crude. Because they're not. A lot of people like to glomp them into one "they all hate us" but that's not true.

People are definitely getting riled up lately because of the states declaration that all states will allow gay marriage. The fact that this is an American team proves that everyone there is probably having a hissy fit because of this news.

Try to relax. Getting upset isn't really the answer. These are just idiots online, best not to let them go to your head.

3. Aspen

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Trolls gather in the comments section. I avoid them like the plague. Try not to judge all of a people because of them. I'm glad to hear the Lions are having an LGBTQ night.

4. YunoGasai

keyboard warriors just hate us cus they aint us. but on a more serious note the people that comment mean things tend to be pretty bad people to everyone.

5. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Comment sections of any "controversial" news articles are always battle grounds. People hide behind the anonymity that the keyboard creates. It does not help that people are all worked up anyways because of the gay marriage ruling.