1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crackpot Fan Theories in Shows, Books, etc.

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Jellal, Jul 2, 2015.

1. Jellal

So for the shows and books out there that aren't over yet, lots of fans like guessing what will happen later, and predict plot twists, those sorts of future events. Share your favorite theories from whatever you like, either the sorts of theories you think are most possible or maybe the totally outlandish, implausible sort that you just find amusing as hell.

I brought this up because sometimes I think about what might happen in One Piece, a story which has been running since the late 90s. It's a particularly good story for theories considering how much longer it has to go, and the continuity involved. A background guy with no given name will reappear over four hundred chapters later and be super important. That's just the kind of story it is.

I love the theory that in One Piece, Zoro's old teacher Koshiro is a murderous bastard who killed his daughter Kuina, passing off the death as an accident so someone else (Zoro) could take the sword. Unlikely? Koshiro openly says he believes all women are unfit to carry swords, and discouraged his own daughter from the practice even though it was her passion. The night after Zoro and Kuina made the promise to begin training to achieve the "world's strongest swordsman" title, Kuina was found dead after having "fallen down the stairs." I never forgot the words Koshiro said in that scene to Zoro, that "Humans are really fragile beings." It's especially ironic considering it's the only death in nearly 800 chapters of One Piece that happened by complete and total accident, and humans, as far as they've shown in the story, are NOT fragile. Even Usopp took a 4 ton bat to the head and lived. Spandam was weaker than the average fodder Marine and even he took ridiculous levels of abuse, having his spinal cord and ribs fractured to nothing yet still surviving. I call foul play on Koshiro for these reasons ... that, and he gives off that ominous FMA Shou Tucker vibe.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Something tells me, this guy won't be winning any "father of the year" awards anytime soon.