1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Star Wars episode 3

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by goratrix, Jun 12, 2005.

1. goratrix

Ok, by far the worst of the six. And what's wrong with george lucas? He abused the blue screen!!! And the dialogues are worst(if possible) than in Ep IV (a new hope).

WORTHLESS!!!

AND WHAT'S WRONG WITH DARTH VADER!!!! when he has the suit on for the first time, and realizes he 'killed' padme (I mean... he freaking turned to the dark side for her!) it's the worst scene of the movie!! 'noooooooooooo'.

Ok, and why did padme had to appear with Leia's hair style? I mean... come on! And how she chose the names?... ok, it's far the worst movie ever...

2. GQMan

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    In my opinion the best of the three Episodes. Great acting, well Hayden could have been better.

What could Vader have said when he heard Padme have died. Although the "nooooo!" could have had a little more emotion in it, but what can you do. I loved it. (&&&)

3. goratrix

Oh my god! did you see the way he moved? like just timberlake doing the robot dance!!! It was painfull to watch it!

4. nisomer

once again, not gonna argue, because i obviously cant change someones opinion about this movie since they already disliked all the other ones. why do u watch it anyways if u hate the other ones?

edit: ok i just read your other post about star wars on the other thread and realized you dont hate all the other ones, and infact you loved them. so why do u hate this one?? theres gotta be more reasons other than hair style and the way she chooses the names of the babies (what if she already thought out names for a girl or a boy before hand?)

#4 nisomer, Jun 12, 2005
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2005
  5. goratrix

it is a pointless movie!!! there is no story!

scente from the movie:

Palpatine: I am the dark lord of the Sith
    Anakin: I will turn you to the jedi council

Next scene:

Palpatine: ANAKIN! TURN TO THE DARK SIDE
    Anakin: yes master

WHY IN THE HELL DOES OBI-WAN LEAVE HIM THERE LYING TO DIE A HORRIBLE DEATH!!!!

THE EMPEROR GOING AND RESCUING HIM PERSONALLY??? LIKE HE CARES??? WHO ARE YOU KIDDING?

ok, I'm calming down now...

crappy performance by Natalie Portman, she acted like a hysterical bitch!

6. nisomer

no story???!! the whole movie is about anakins turn to the dark side, and about how he is slowly minipulated by palpatine to join him.

yes, anakin wants to do good, turns in palpatine to mace windu, then he starts to think about how palpy can help save padme from death, and when mace supposedly has palpatine "beat" (palpy was faking to lure anakin) anakin says that he "needs him" and that is when he makes his turn to the dark side.

Obi-Wan leaves him there because he doesn't know what else to do. he was like his brother, and couldn't bare to kill him, like he told yoda. if u looked his expressions during that scene, u could truley feel his emotions.

Umm yeah he cares. you see his only example of compassion in this movie, when he goes up to anakin and puts his hand on his forehead. you really think he wants the one who he spent so long to minipulate and turn to the dark side to just die like that?

I agree :slight_smile: except for the last scene she has with anakin, that was pretty good...made me shed tears watching her expressions.

7. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    In defense of Natalie Portman (and all the other good actors), she didn't have terribly much to work with.

8. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I quite agree. And the character motivations require you to believe the characters (well, mainly Anakin) is the stupidest moron alive.

Ha... that's a priceless recap--and so very true! Yeah, because I can totally see someone trained as a Jedi trusting a Sith. And hello... how are you stupid enough to believe pure evil can save your beloved? And why are you such a chickenshit about it anyway? And when did you get so buddy-buddy with the Chancellor anyway? That was a muy creepy relationship if ever there was one.

9. goratrix

Oh, yeah! and:

HI! I'm MASTER Yoda, the most powerful jedi alive; I am able to sense the slightest disruption in the force, even lightyears away, and I obviously can tell when someone lies to me... yet I was blind to the galactic-scale double-cross that involver a zillion clones, and oh yeah! don't give me that 'the dark side clouds everything' crap... you are supposed to be stron in the force my little green friend!

10. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    :lol: :lol: :lol:

Maybe he was having an off century.

11. GQMan

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yoda may be the strongest, but he isnt super powerful. You mentioned the dark side of the force clouds his powers. Well guess what, THEY DO! If he says they cloud his powers they most certainly must. I mean he wouldn't make the comment if it wasnt true.

You also forget Darth Sideus is an extremely powerful sith that Yoda didnt defeat. Infact, he had to go into hiding because the sith lord was too powerful. If Yoda, the ALL powerful Jedi you claim him to be can't defeat Sideus, then why do you think he has the power to know when Darth Sideus is lieing to him. REALLY! Oh, and Yoda suspected him if that means anything.

12. goratrix

Ok, I give you that Darth Sithious is more powerful than Yoda, and that perhaps his dark side powers can cloud Yoda's power... but what about the mindless clones?? are they also stronger than yoda in the force?

13. GQMan

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well clones are no more than clones. They are much like the droids, they have one simple mission objective. And even if they had seperate thought, Yoda would have no reason to scan them. Also, the order was from the Emperor, so to them, they were decieving no one. They were simply following orders. Annnd, Yoda did know when they were about to attack, you saw him slice off their heads with a simple jump. He also detected the death of all the other Jedi. Thats why he had the wookies get a space pod ready for him to leave.

14. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Spelling, people... spelling! It's Darth Sidious, capiche? Like inSIDIOUS, I'm thinking.

15. goratrix

or sithious... like in SITH.

Still, about spelling, I care not.

16. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i agree one and two wasnt that great. But the third was better than the other five combined. I mean it ACTUALLY HAD A FREAKING STORY LINE!!! (*cough* Episode II *cough*) As well, I mean the emotion felt between Anakin and Padme could be seen miles away, overplayed, no f-ing way. I wont try to change your mind, but mayb get a degree in filmography b4 you criticize a movie, even tho we are in a free country and have the rights to saying what we want. So anyways it rocked, and thats my blurb.

17. Jerr

first of all i think it was a fantastic movie... my fav out of the new ones not sure how it compares to the orig 3 but i dont think i wanna compare them because they were made so many years apart things could be done now that they couldnt do then

i also went to see its midnight showing also saw it opening saturday and saw it on my birthday with a friend (saw it at every theater worth while... ok sorry i have a seeing a movie multiple times problem im trying to work threw)

EDIT:
    forgot about the whole when darth vader says the noooooo thing... he just found out the love of his life not only died but he killed her... uh yea he was a lil wee bit kinda sorta sad about that one and argd

there was a story i was amazed it had this much story seeing how everyone knew how it was gunna end (corse that also makes me slightly hate it cuz i always want it to have a different ending...)

your lil scene thing is wierd/pointless

obi left him because its not the jedi way to kill him but he couldnt take him prisoner because he well 1 how... honistly the jedi were pretty much all dead and 2.. he was to powerful

the emperor saved him because he is one of the most powerful... sith/jedi PERIOD he makes a VERY important alli and the BEST aprinti... yea not even gunna try to finish spelling that word just guess it lol... but yea he worked so hard and for so long trying to get him as a well slave lol

and about nat well... she IS hysterical! her hubby is turning to the dark side and he KILLED CHILDREN not many people are calm when they find out the love of their life is killing small children

the light side cant see the dark side... they can tell its there but they cant see like detect all that shyt because fuck if they could then there wouldnt be a story cuz palpy woulda been gone in episode 1 then there wouldnt be a point for 2-6 cmon use your brain! its the same reason why everyone in movies seems to have bad aim with guns... duh less stupid please unless this was your 1st movie ever to see then im sorry... but the clones wernt hiding ANYTHING from the jedi... they were really on the jedi's side they were given an order to attack the jedi and kill them and as awsometastic as the jedi are when people who they have had as allies for a long ass time suddenly start firen 1000 guns at them it takes them off guard for a second...

see above lol

#17 Jerr, Feb 3, 2007
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2007