1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Movie Review: Boy Culture (sex pays. love costs.)

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Greggers, Dec 16, 2008.

1. Greggers

Title: Boy Culture
    Year: 2006
    Info: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0433350/
    Stream: http://www.dailymotion.com

Hey guys! This will be my first movie review i do, so reply if you like it at all. :slight_smile: If i suck at this, also let me no so i can stop haha. (I cant judge myself cause im blind to my work)

I just watched this movie last night, off dailymotion, and i have to say it was better than i expected. I read the summery and it didnt sound good at first, but i had nothing else to watch so i went for it. The basic summary is there are three guys living together in one apartment. The main character (only known as "x") is a hustler, and he likes his one room-mate, but the other room-mate likes "x". The movie plays out with "x" narrating the entire thing. First of all, i thought the narrating spin was excellent. It added alot to the overall plot and enjoyment of the movie. The movie in general is a very quirky, tasteful look on gay culture and relationships. It was quite clean, i cant remember *many* swear words, and a guys bum is all your getting for nudity (aww, sorry boys!). The plot line was good, and the ending was suburb. Not a super tear-jerker, but it has its sad moments. Its not so much a "coming of age" movie, everyone in it knows they are gay and have had relationships (well, "had" relationships, as you will see, is a loose term). Definitely a good movie if your still trying to accept or figure out were you fit in though. If you have seen movies like Shelter, this one will be quite different than that. It has some strong messages, the big ones about gay relationships. If you have just gone through a break-up i would recommend watching this, and keep your mind open during it. Watch it for the message and the story, not for the guys :wink:. Thats all for today, if you have questions before you watch it just ask away!

P.S: Ive recently also watched Trick, Shelter, and Latter Days, so if anyone wants a quick review on any of them you can ask me here or in private.