1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best episode to show to an Adventure Time virgin?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by mangotree, Jul 14, 2015.

1. mangotree

I can't remember which episode was my first. I remember being pleasantly surprised at how different it was from other cartoons though.

Any suggestions?

2. Connorcode

Connorcode Guest

They're all so great! The first Lemongrab one is brilliant in my opinion. OR The Labyrinth, maybe?

3. wisefolly

wisefolly Guest

The first one I ever saw was Ice King's back story. Then, randomly, the next one I saw was (I later figured out) the fifth season opener. I was so confused I didn't watch it again until a recent season-by-season binge on Netflix and DVD (cuz N only has the first 3 seasons).

I think the very first episode is fine since most episodes (for the most part) are self-contained. If they find it matches their kind of humor, then it should be enough. It was for me!

4. Solitaire

anyone with LSP :lol:

5. hyperaware

hyperaware Guest

I Remember You. I believe it was S04E24. It shows Marceline and Ice King's backstory during the mushroom war. It's such a beautiful episode. I also really realllllly like the episode Little Brother, which adds nothing to the show's main story, but it's just so adorable.

6. Jellal

I immediately thought of the first Lemongrab episode. That is a GREAT one to go with because it captures the feeling and humor of the show really well.

7. sunshinebi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you're looking for just the basic essence of the show rather than essential plot points I would suggest the one where Finn and Jake search for the Hero's Compendium. It's a fun and actiony episode that doesn't require knowledge of prior episodes. Or maybe the first episode with Ricardio.

#8 sunshinebi, Jul 15, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2015
  8. TheStormInside

Really, I think you could start out with the first episode, it just kind of dives right in. I like to watch things in order and that is where I started. I remember being hooked by "My Two Favorite People," the idea of the rainbow-unicorn (Lady Rainicorn) blew me away, haha.

9. Libra Neko

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    One of the first ones I saw was the one where Tree Trunks picked that special apple and died. I'm kind of glad they brought her back, she is a good character.

10. Simple Thoughts

I would suggest "Remember you" That episode is beautiful and brillant with great music.

11. RunicSquirrel05

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Trouble In Lumpy Space. Like omg totally the best.

12. AJ96

AJ96 Guest

Yeah! All the episodes are all hilarious but the ones with LSP are especially funny! :grin:

13. mangotree

Thanks, I'll collate all of those together :grin: