1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vampire Weekend :O

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Hoppip, Dec 18, 2008.

1. Hoppip

During my off-block one fine day at school, a friend of mine came up to me and started a delightful conversation.

"You know that song they play at every dance? Get Low by Lil' Jon? Yeah, do you even KNOW how dirty those lyrics are?" he said to me.

"No," I said, "I mean, yeah, they're dirt--"

He unfolded a piece of paper and starts to slowly, calmly, and didactically dictated some of the lyrics:

"To the window (to the window), to the wall, (to the wall)
    To the sweat drop down my balls (my balls)
    To all these bitches crawl (crawl)
    To all skit skit motherfucker (motherf***er!) all skit skit god damn (got damn)
    To all skit skit motherfucker (motherf***er!) all skit skit god damn (got damn)"

We then discussed the hilarity of the line, "to the sweat drop down my balls" for a few moments. I, however, felt a tingling of disbelief of the ridiculous line and the fact that it would've been let into a school dance.

I decided to investigate, in fact. Ha.

So I went onto my silly little internet and googled some of the lyrics and---voilĂ ---he was right, they were actually that explicit.

I was soon led to the Wikipedia page of the song and I noticed something that piqued my interest in a violently cunning manner:

"The song is referenced by Vampire Weekend in their song, "Oxford Comma", from their 2008 self-titled album, proclaiming "First the window, then it's to the wall/ Lil' Jon, he always tells the truth."

I, in my awkwardly fanatical obsession with grammar and all things allusion, was intrigued by a song titled "Oxford Comma" (now, I didn't expect it to be about an oxford comma, but it was interesting nonetheless, so shut up and keep reading because I'm not quite done and I don't need your damn criticism before I'm done talking about something that I'm quite fervently passionate about).

So I youtubed it, and I instantly fell in love with the band Vampire Weekend. Unfortunately and ironically, to my utter dismay, everyone and their mother has basically already heard of this delightful band and their incredible sound juice that they pump from the orifices of their minds. I find it to be incredibly new, fresh, and individual.

Oh, and there are no lyrics that say anything about "ball sweat," so that's a plus, right? First the window, then it's to the wall!

It's also great driving music, I think. : D

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_i1xk07o4g[/YOUTUBE]
    Oxford Comma

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XC2mqcMMGQ&feature=channel[/YOUTUBE]
    A-Punk

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlgNFwoApec&feature=channel[/YOUTUBE]
    Mansard Roof

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wHl9qRsMzw&feature=channel[/YOUTUBE]
    Cape Cod Kwassa Kwassa

2. Shevanel

I like this band, they're pretty good, funny story too.

3. interstella

I LOVE them:grin:
    A-Punk is like the happiest song ever! It's my ringtone :slight_smile:

4. Ty

Ty

They played in Oxford a few months ago! They're pretty good. I like them, and have purchased quite a few of their albums :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

If anyone notices what I did in that post which is connected to a Vampire Weekend song, I will give them two internets.

5. Hoppip

You used an oxford comma, and I saw it!

6. apollo89

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    For your first video, they did it all in one take. Well they wanted it all done in one take, so they did it over and over till they got it just right.

And I love their stuff too. The lead singer was a high school teacher before the band got big.

7. Hoppip

Correction: The lead singer was a hot high school teacher before the band got big.

8. Nixon

shoot me now

Baisez-le

bang*

9. Ty

Ty

Very good, and nice use of it yourself :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: