1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mad Max, anyone?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Bi the waaay, Jul 27, 2015.

1. Bi the waaay

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I watched Mad Max. And I curled up into a ball onto my bed and held myself. Did anyone else experience this cinematic pleasure???

2. JackAttack

JackAttack Guest

Saw it at the cinema recently and I really enjoyed it. I don't think their is one sane character and the action was so good.

3. Bi the waaay

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Most of the action was real as well, like, real explosions and real people swinging on 20ft poles.

4. parzivalAT

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Definitely my top film of the summer. It was really great; it really returned to the formula of the first two, that simple one-long-car-chase with awesome cars and weapons, and the cheap looking prosthetic makeup. It did feel like looking into a world where nothing was left but cars and weapons, because everything else looked really simple. Definately and escape from *ugh* Mad Max 3.

5. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

It's a visually beautiful movie with a good, contained story and fun characters. It really made me feel engaged and excited the whole time I was watching it which is something lots of movies don't seem to even try to do these days.

6. Spacewalker

I actually didn't like it. Too much action, no breaks, no emotions, no humor and the plot wasn't rly interesting. But the effects were very well made. But that's just my opinion

7. RebelsRevenge

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Okay, I saw it back in the day with Tina Tuner and it was like awsome to me!! I cant see them redoing it and it getting the same wow factor I got back then. But then again I didnt think I would like the New wille wonka when they redid that and i loved it.. I will probable wait till it for rent and then watch it

8. justin88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I'll be watching it tonight, it looks good!

9. AAASAS

It was farqin amazing.

The way brain-dead action movies should all be made, easily one of my favourite movies now.

10. Bi the waaay

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I've never watched the other Mad Max movies so I have nothing to compare it to but I really did enjoy it.

---------- Post added 28th Jul 2015 at 02:59 PM ----------

I agree. It was very thoughtful and impacting with enough action to stop it from being pretentious or boring.

---------- Post added 28th Jul 2015 at 03:00 PM ----------

I actually thought the action took a backseat compared to the emotion and the message the movie was trying to get across but, okay, I respect your opinion.

---------- Post added 28th Jul 2015 at 03:02 PM ----------

I would definitely recommend it. It's the only action movie I consider watching.

---------- Post added 28th Jul 2015 at 03:03 PM ----------

I hope you enjoy it then :slight_smile:

---------- Post added 28th Jul 2015 at 03:04 PM ----------

I agree. But if all action movies were made this way, we wouldn't appreciate Mad Max as we were right now.

11. tulipinacup

I think I struggled with the plot but then again I never saw the original Mad max films but that's the only thing I'm complaining about this movie. The action sequence was really great. Furiosa and Max could either have their own movie but having them together in one just makes it a thousand times better.

12. Aspen

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've never seen the original Mad Max movies so when this one came out, I didn't really have any interest in it. Then my girlfriend saw it and after listening to her rave for weeks, I finally gave in to watch it too.

Such an incredible movie.

13. Spartan 117

Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I really liked the latest Mad Max movie! :slight_smile:

I heard that the film's creators used a lot more CGI and visual affects than you'd think! It's a testament to the film that it all looks so real. There's a great article here all about it!

14. Alder

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I absolutely LOVED the movie, from the smallest detail to the overarching themes and plot/characters. Watched it in the cinema in 3D and wow...it was intense, and incredible. I don't normally watch a lot of action movies but this one really did it for me.

15. robotman

I've only seen the recent one... I went in not knowing anything about it and I can say that it was the best film that I have seen all year. Just a great watch. Nonstop action with a good story line aswell. I honestly loved every minute of it and it is something that I would recommend to anyone.

16. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

I haven't seen any of the other Mad Max movies except 4 the road warrior when I was a baby. Didn't stop me from enjoying the new one cause even though it's a sequel it really works as it's own movie. It's partially because of the huge gap between this movie and the last one, and it doesn't seem like too much really carries over from one movie to the next aside from the world and Max himself.. who they even got a new actor for in Fury Road so there's also that. So whether you watch Fury Road as a sequel or a standalone movie I don't think the experience will be too different. It's easily enjoyable as it's own little adventure~

17. Nocturnal

Nocturnal Guest

I really liked this movie. I enjoyed Nicholas Hoult role in this film. "I AM AWAITED IN VALHALLAAA!" :lol:

and this guy was awesome.

[​IMG]

18. Bi the waaay

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I never watched the other Mad Max movies either but I found the plot easy to follow. I am planning to watch the other movies but not right now.

---------- Post added 30th Jul 2015 at 02:12 PM ----------

I just saw a backstage video which uploaded onto Tumblr so then again it might be wrong.

---------- Post added 30th Jul 2015 at 02:12 PM ----------

Action movies weren't really my thing either but after I heard all the good stuff about it, I had to watch it.

---------- Post added 30th Jul 2015 at 02:13 PM ----------

I recommend it everyone who says they're bored in the holidays because...wow.

---------- Post added 30th Jul 2015 at 02:14 PM ----------

I watched Fury Road without knowing there was other movies so I enjoyed it as a standalone movie.

---------- Post added 30th Jul 2015 at 02:15 PM ----------

Nicholas Hoult's character was amazing. His character development leading to his sacrifice was just perfectly acted out. (And face-condom guy rules)

#18 Bi the waaay, Jul 30, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2015
  19. AAASAS

The plot was easy to follow, they didn't dive into the set up too much so maybe you missed it.

The world has been destroyed with pollution, there are only rogue bandits of people living around the Earth, Water is very scarce, and gas powered machines are still in use.

There is one group of people that live in the middle of Australia which is where the movie took place.

Furiosa was from a green part of the Australia; where it takes place, and she promised the kings "bitches" to take them there; those hot girls that were with her. She was also an oil rigger driver for this said "king" and was trusted by all the other bandits.

She used her role as an oil tanker driver to smuggle the kings bitches out of the kingdom when she was sent to go get some more gas from "Gas Town" the establishment that you saw in the distance at the start of the movie.

Mad Max is just a renegade who was caught by the group of bandits and taken prisoner. That is basically all of his story.

The bandits didn't realize that Furiosa was doing something "illegal" until much later which is why they all agreed to go with her when she changed their route. They trusted her because of her role as driver, they had no idea what she was planning on doing.

Furiosa made a deal with another group of bandits who live in the mountains and drive motorbikes to block the convoy that would be chasing her once the king realized she was going off route. She promised them gas.

This is the only part that confused me, I don't know why she didn't just give them the gas and decided to betray them as well and end up being chased by them. To me this made no sense at all, but it's what happened.

The rest of the movie is just the king trying to catch them. The only reason the king or whatever he is was trying to catch them is because she had his bitches and one of them was pregnant with a baby and he was obsessed with having another son.

All the weird characters and weird things you saw were just supposed to be what people developed into once the world went into complete anarchy from all the pollution.

I DIDN'T understand all that chrome shit and exploding, I initially thought that spray paint made them explode, and don't know why they did that, but I guess it was supposed to be a ritual that had been developedout of the new religion which was apparently worshiping cars and gas, with a mix of Nordic mythology.

It is super abstract, and super stupid, but super awesome too.

The one bandit that is with them is only with them because he was trying to kill them for the king, but he fucked up in front of the king and became deeply ashamed, this is what allowed him to switch sides, he was basically too ashamed to go back to the kingdom after failing his mission.

20. candyjiru

This guy was the best part of the movie, imho~

I think there was a lot of hype, but for me the Fast and Furious franchise is a lot more action-packed and interesting... (OMG fast seven <3) Maybe I've become desensitized to craziness? XD;;;;