1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

That Sugar Film

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by mangotree, Aug 3, 2015.

1. mangotree

I've watched it a couple of times already.
    Definitely my film of the year so far.

I actually started cutting out sugar before I watched it, but it really further impacted the choices that I make.
    Not that it matters, but since I started cutting as much sugar as possible out of my diet - 4 weeks ago, I've lost 10kg (22lb).

Anyone else seen the film? (or read the book - That Sugar Book)
    and thoughts?

2. mangotree

By the way, this is the trailer for the film in case you don't know what I'm talking about.
    [YOUTUBE]6uaWekLrilY[/YOUTUBE]

3. BiKate

I've started cutting out my sugar but not completely (nearly though). I'll still have some fruit but no more refined sugar every day.
    So far I think my face is getting better (acne prone), though I'm having a bit of a breakout due to stress and a new skin care regime.

I still need my sugar free snacks - chocolate, biscuits etc. I feel healthier though, and I have more energy, I'm still only starting though :slight_smile:

4. mangotree

Yeah, I was grumpy most of the day and falling asleep at 7pm for the first 3 weeks of cutting out sugar.
    Also fell of the wagon on a few occasions - had some sweets, chocolates, biscuits, pizza etc... felt physically unwell straight afterwards though.
    Now the only sugar that I have is in fruit and vegies and the little bit of bread (lunch wrap).

It's pretty damn hard to do I'll admit, but once you get past the 3 week mark - you just want to tell the world about how great you feel.

5. Formality

The trailer reminds me of Supersize Me. I've seen that movie like 3 times so I will definitely check this one out as well.

I already live a very healthy lifestyle overall but I will still have the occasional treat. I think it's good to treat yourself once in a while. Just not too often or too much.

I think a great way of being aware is to just read the nutritional facts on the product before you buy it. I mean some products that you'd think are healthy contain like 1/3 sugar.