1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Movies from this weekend

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by joeyconnick, Jun 4, 2007.

1. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So I saw both Knocked Up and Mr. Brooks this weekend.

There were good parts to Knocked Up but overall I just can't stand "modern" male-oriented comedies, especially the ones that rely on toilet humour. I'm like, surely no one ACTUALLY lives like that.

Katherine Heigl was awesome, though, of course. And there were some good bits sprinkled throughout.

Mr. Brooks is a thriller with Kevin Costner and Demi Moore. It was okay but you kinda had to just go along with it in places where otherwise you'd be going, "Uhm... okay..."

I thought the parts with Demi Moore were the best and kinda wish they'd done more to flesh out her character and her plotlines.

Reiko Aylesworth (Michelle from 24) had a small part in Mr. Brooks but was woefully underused. She also looked pretty weirdly different from how she appeared in 24. I know you all needed to know this. Jason Lewis played Demi Moore's character's soon-to-be-ex... and he's SO hot. There, now my post is pseudo gay, I mean apart from me going gah-gah over Katherine Heigl, Demi Moore, and Reiko Aylesworth. :lol:

2. Steam Giant

Hehehe ^^ I loved Mr. Brooks! And I agree on both of your points, I think they could have shown us a lot more than they did about Demi Moore's character, and Reiko could definately have used more screen time/significance. I also wanted to see more with the daughter, but overall, I'm nit picking ^^ it was an excellent movie!

3. Jim1454

I saw Knocked Up. It had it's moments, but don't hold your breath for a 'best picture' nod.