1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When will senpai notice me?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by ModernCat, Aug 10, 2015.

1. ModernCat

ModernCat Guest

..Actually she's a year younger than me so it'd actually be "When will kohai notice me?"
    (I've never heard someone say that though.)

I find the phrase "notice me senpai" funny. It's like a stereotypical high school anime in which the main character has a crush on someone older.

Anime is great, but it has an incredibly predictable storyline. At least the ones that i watched.

I appreciate some of the experimental ones like Madoka Magica. Not only it turned magical girls into dream-crushing thing but also it switched up the gender roles. The main character's mom is a full time entrepreneur and her dad stays at home for the children.

#1 ModernCat, Aug 10, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2015
  2. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Maybe you need to watch better ones, but yeah, "I hope senpai will notice me" has turned into a meme for that reason. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3. loveislove01

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah, a lot of anime are not predictable, you should find some good ones~
    "Senpai notice me" has become a joke between my girlfriend and I. She calls me "shorty senpai"

4. ModernCat

ModernCat Guest

I've watched the Haruhi series, Kill la Kill, Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt, Blue exorcist...etc. I've seen the popular ones as well as unwidely known ones.

No storyline stands out to me. Maybe my standards are too high, many are quite predictable and you know that an anime usually has a real dramatic conflict at the few episodes before the ending.

It kind of goes the same with most of stories told at all. No matter the genre not many animations/dramas leave a real impression on me.

Forget the type(or genre) of motion pictures with storyline, the ones that stood out to me are Madoka, Adventure Time..can't think of more but there are ones thay i liked.

This is all just my opinion. I tend to look for uniqueness when watching anime, cartoons, just anything at all. Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy watching anything with a storyline including anime.

---------- Post added 12th Aug 2015 at 12:34 AM ----------

Aww♥Your girlfriend likes anime?

My crush does too, she draws anime/manga so well which I'm really in awe of.

#4 ModernCat, Aug 11, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2015
  5. Cedar

*sigh* I really wish senpai would notice me </3 :tears:

I love anime, my favourite has to be Kinnikuman Nisei. I wish they would translate the rest of the series though(the manga, I don't know if they still make the anime or not). I was tempted to learn Kanji just to buy the rest of the series so I could read it...

6. Skaros

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I'm in anime club at my school and some of the kids in the lower classes call me and my friends senpai. I'll be a senior this year, so I'll be expecting a lot of "senpais" in anime club. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Kill la Kill is one of the least predictable animes I've ever watched. Not only was it unpredictable, it was really well structured and made a lot of sense. Really good anime.

#6 Skaros, Aug 11, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2015
  7. loveislove01

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah, I get it. I've never been completely in awe of an anime storyline yet, though I enjoy watching them. I liked mekakucity actors, durarara and the others were good too but these are my favorites.

Yes~ she is into anime, not as much as me, but she draws it really well! We both love to draw and she taught me.

#7 loveislove01, Aug 11, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2015