1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Do You Think Of Tupac Shakur?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by ZenMusic, Aug 14, 2015.

1. ZenMusic

Tupac is a big role model for me, and although I'm not that into rap music, I like a lot of his songs, and you just want to listen to what he has to say. But the reason why he is one of my role models is because of how real and honest he was, and upon learning of his death, it seemed people didn't like that, and I also learnt that there are some extremely selfish people in this world. I feel as if he made a lane in rap, possibly music, that can never be duplicated. He just seems...immortal, even though he literally isn't here anymore, and he is someone that the music world will continue to honor and remember. What do you think of him?

2. William

I'm a huge fan of the hip Hop era (the 90s and early 00s) and I'm a huge fan of Pac. Although I didn't live his lyrics, they leave profound messages in them. From police brutality, to the damage of drugs on the streets.

Tupac was one of the last good gangster rappers to ever live.

3. Some Dude

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm a big fan of tupac. His lyrics are poetic and extremely beautiful. He was a very talented and versatile musician. He was really one of the first rap artists who tried to speak to a female audience. He was really the first rapper to be able to make songs like an ode to his mother (dear mama) and make uplifting songs for women(keep us head up) without being seen as less "hard" or whatever

4. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

He balanced telling the truth and giving a message, which is something sorely missing in music today, especially in rap. If you want a glimpse into the mind of black culture, as it was then, he's a good piece of the puzzle.

As Some Dude said, he really did try to reach out to women. He especially targeted that whole light skin vs dark skin nonsense, which I feel is very important, even more so today.

All that said, I think Notorious B.I.G. had a better lyrical delivery. He sounds smoother when he raps, but Tupac is great too. Tupac also, I think, has a wider variety of content in his music than Biggie did.

#4 Kaiser, Aug 14, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2015
  5. rudysteiner

I love Tupac. I always have from a young age (literally about 10 years old). When I was around that age I used to think 'Whoa, Tupac is so sick. I love Tupac.' But now that I've matured quite a lot in the past almost 8 years and I'm much more analytical, I can see that he was a true poet. I think he was absolutely arresting, too. *swoons*

I still know all the words to Dear Mama after hearing it when I was about 8.

#5 rudysteiner, Aug 14, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2015