1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lesbian Movies/Short Films

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Gear2BQueer, Aug 17, 2015.

1. Gear2BQueer

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I haven't watched a lot of lesbian movies, but the few I have watched are pretty good. My favorite one so far is Imagine Me and You. I've binge watched a ton of short films on Youtube that i can't even name one of them at the moment. I was also wondering if there are many lesbian movies without sex in them not that I mind or anything but sometimes I like watching romantic(ish) movies without sex.

2. Canterpiece

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    To be honest in terms of lesbian films you would have a hard time finding one that doesn't have sex in, but most of them are terrible anyway. Although I do like D.E.B.S and but I'm a cheerleader but they both have sex scenes so :/

However in terms of shorts, I would recommend a few web-series to you. "Out with dad" is a really good one to watch, although Vanessa's story gets a bit dark near the end. I really wish I could come up with more suggestions really but the truth is lesbian representation in the media isn't great. I quite like "Faking it" (TV series) but again it has it's sexual moments. :dry: So yeah... you can see where I'm going with this.

3. BrokenRecord

BrokenRecord Guest

4. Crema

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I saw Room in Rome and i thought it was terrible! Only my personal opinion of course...
    I really did love Blue is the Warmest Color, i know many people hated it and there's definitely a ton of sex... but i still think it's a really great one.
    I also quite liked a film called "Show me Love", it's a romantic comedy/drama about two young teenagers, it's really cute! And "Itty Bitty Titty Committee" it's another cute comedy which it's just easy and fun to watch. On the opposite end of the spectrum theres "The kids are allright" which is an excellent film, but def more serious in tone.
    Last but def not least, Celine Sciamma's "Water Lilies" and "Girlhood" (not really a lesbian movie, but still dealing with gender and sexuality and i think worth watching)

In terms of short films, i really liked one called "Disaster Preparedness" by Melissa Finell but i don't know if it's available for free online. It's a really cute rom-com with virtually no sex content.

5. rudysteiner

Blue is the Warmest Colour is a great one. The only cons are that it's three hours long and it's in French, so if you don't speak French you'll have to read the subtitles. It's definitely worth the three hour long watch, I loved it. It's one of my favourite films.

6. rudysteiner

Although not a 'lesbian' movie, 'Gia' is a good watch, it's about Gia Carangi. Her relationship with a woman is a main plot point.

7. Van

Van

I would highly recommend Lost and delirious.

8. Gear2BQueer

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I saw that one and it is probably one of the saddest movies I've ever seen in my life. I may not have cried but I needed a serious pick me up after that one.

9. blueshadedsoul

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yeah Lost & Delirious is sad af. I still liked it though. Blue is the warmest colour is one of my favorite movies, it has a lot of sex, but it has even more feels xb I've been wanting to watch Fucking Amal too but I'm not sure if it's a good one. Pretty sure it has no sex scenes though.

10. Canterpiece

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah it's a really sad movie :tears: I've seen it even though I knew how it was going to end at the start of the movie because someone spoiled it for me. Still found the movie a bit depressing though. :tears::tears::tears: