1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The fivehundred twenty six thousand six hundredth post about "Rent"

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Greggers, Dec 30, 2008.

1. Greggers

Ok. So funny story! I wanted to buy Rent (without ever seeing it before) for awhile now, and i had expressed this to my parents. They were going out anyways so i told them to buy Rent if they saw it. When they got home, they had the movie, but before my mother gave it to me she asked me...

"Why again did you want to buy this movie?"

...and it threw me off. I didnt know why she would ask that, so i just brushed it off. I knew there was aspects of homosexuality in the movie, but anytime someone would tell me about the plot/story i would plug my ears and "BLAH BLAH BLAH" cause i wanted it to be a surprise. Now that i finished watching it? I understand why my mother asked me that haha. She must for sure know im gay after THAT little "oopsie" of making her buy Rent for me. :eusa_doh:

Ok! Anyways, Rent. I am a musical buff. I love musicals, alot. More than alot. And i have to say this one made me FEEL more than anything else ive seen. Musicals always find a way to get into my soul, but this one really hit home. Its like they packaged every emotion known to man into one small dvd. The love, the hate, the passion, the sadness, it was amazing. I know it is *VERY* cliche to like Rent and be gay, but honestly it was just that good. The message was great, and at the end of the movie i felt like i had a blanket wrapped around me, all fuzzy and warm. The character of Angel? Wow. Amazing! The music was also very raw, with great lyrics and great tunes behind them. The one song Angel and Collins sing while walking down the street was my favorite, next to Seasons of Love (what a classic!)

I give Rent....:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: Three thumbs up (out of three!)

2. Daniel

When Angel...you know...I cry like I never have cried before.

3. cjtom

cjtom Guest

I really can't see how you wanting Rent on DVD makes you instantly gay?! Although if you really want to test that theory I would next ask her for Brokeback Mountain :icon_wink

Tis Awesome though! Idina Menzel rocks!!!!

4. happysky

Love the movie.

Idina Menzel/Maurine made it cool to be a cow. Mooooooo!

5. Amy

Amy

Me too! Without You ALWAYS makes me cry.

6. davo-man

*sigh*

Rent, the movie = Awesome

Rent, the unabridged musical...with all original cast to boot = pure, concentrated, untainted AWESOME

Seriously, if you liked that, watch the whole 10th Anniversary concert on Cerdi's channel on YouTube

Also, on Feb 3rd, they are bringing out a DVD of the final performance (interspliced with another performance) from the final Broadway Cast....from what I've seen on YouTube, it's bloody fantastic. Goodbye Love and Christmas Bells in particular are amazing!

7. George1

George1 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    *sings* five hundred twenty five thousand six hundred minutes...

I've recently become a RENThead myself. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

8. davo-man

I may or may not have had something to do with that :wink:

9. George1

George1 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Yes... You TOTALLY had nothing to do with it...

:wink:

10. Hanil

Oh, I love Rent *__* A friend of mine staged it in my town's theatre and invited me, so I knew it because of her. I'm grateful of my friend, 'cause it's a wonderful musical! Musics are great, and also the plot is really cool!
    I just love Angel, and... ç___ç
    I have the film and the musical of Broadway in DVD.

11. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah why the twenty-six thousandth title? I mean it's five hundred twenty-five thousand six hundred minutes....why the mistake there? No true RENT-head would make that mistake... >_>

12. maverick

I've only seen the movie, but I love it and have watched it only a bajillion times.

Too bad my family's only experiences with transgendered people are Angel from Rent, Hillary Swank from Boys Don't Cry, and me.

Hmmm, fullblown AIDS or death by hate crime...can't imagine why my parents would be worried about me as a transgendered person in America. :rolle:

13. Kanen

I don't think Angel was transgendered... just a drag queen. I feel like there's a difference.

14. maverick

Oh, I think there's a difference too. I just misinterpreted Angel as a transsexual.