1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I am so weird (musically)

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Justinian20, Aug 21, 2015.

1. Justinian20

I really love LGBT artists, it just brings out a smile and sometimes the giggles, today I tried listening to Cazwell(didn't like him so much using the n word), QBoy(this guy I loved) and I also listened to Soce, the elemental wizard(I got the giggles from him). I don't smile or even get excited over non LGBT artists. I remember smiling the first time I listened to Hunx and his Punx. I also loved the Irrepressibles(Two Men in Love is beautiful and made me smile).

I also have weird music taste, I like some of the pop divas but yet I enjoy spacesynth, chiptune and yes you guessed it Pirate Metal(mainly because Power Metal is so good to listen to). I also enjoy a large assortment of electronic music. Combine that with the fact I think my favourite song ever is probably going to be a LGBT artist song. You've got weird ass music taste.

But who here likes Queercore and Homo Hop as genres despite not liking Punk and Hip Hop a lot(this is me). And who else finds they may like super obscure music while also liking some mainstream music(for me the 90s era is where I am mainstream as well as early to mid 2000s).

#1 Justinian20, Aug 21, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2015
  2. Foz

Foz Guest

There are some epic LGBT artists, particularly 90's DJs. Tony De Vit was perhaps the most popular, unfortunately he got HIV in '88 and died 10 years later.

And when gay people can do tracks like this it does make me prouder to say I'm gay!

[YOUTUBE]Cv-5WhUEtFI[/YOUTUBE]

3. Acm

Acm Guest

I don't purposefully seek out LGBT musicians but I've found out that a lot of my favourite musicians are LGBT which is really cool for me.

4. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Huh, I've never actively sought out LGBT music, but it is interesting how some of the early punk/hc artists turned out to be gay: Both Grant Hart and Bob Mould of the legendary Hüsker Dü; that really came as a surprise to me.

There was also a band called Pansy Division I kinda liked, but it's hard to think of many specifically gay bands/musicians that have struck my fancy. A few have, though. I do like Morrisey, and The Smiths, if that counts.

I think most of them I've heard have seemed to poppy/dance/club music-ish for my tastes, by and large.

5. kyoujin

My tastes are strange in that I like experimental music. I listen to a lot of bands not many people know.

As for LGBT music, I didn't know there was such a thing.

#5 kyoujin, Aug 21, 2015
  6. Posthuman666

#6 Posthuman666, Aug 21, 2015
  7. HopefulRebecca

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I also have weird tastes in music! I've never really searched out specifically-LGBT artists, although it is cool to find them. My tastes are weird in the way that I like every genre, and can never decide on one over the other. I also love music made to be purposefully bad, it makes my day. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

8. Bolt35

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i was gonna go to sleep until i saw this haha. thanks! btw, Rob Halford =P

[YOUTUBE]TaOPV9EE0cQ[/YOUTUBE]

9. kyoujin

I also like this artist.

#9 kyoujin, Aug 21, 2015
  10. luke564

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Justinian20, I find it really interesting - not weird, when I came onto this forum one of the things I wanted to do was to explore different music, honestly i didn't even know LGBT artists were even a "thing".

I've listened to rock all my life, a friend always tells me I need to expand my taste - but it's hard to know what to listen to next.

11. Justinian20

Well I can help you a bit, what rock genres do you enjoy as I would suggest going on wikipedia or last fm, last fm helps for the more obscure genres like Pirate Metal, Spacesynth and Chiptune, (for you I would look at rock and expand from there, perhaps to alternative rock, if you wanted to expand a little to electronic, nintendocore is the genre for you, or I Fight Dragons (rock/chiptune), there is punk rock which turns into so many things.

I understand it can be hard to make a start in expanding music taste because there is so much to choose from. Like take me I could've stayed with midly popular music but instead I headed to obscure music. A lot of my artists in last fm don't make it above 100 thousand listeners but a couple make it above 3 million. You Luke have a great starting base for music taste expansion, rock has a lot of subgenres and a wide variety are obscure.

12. Acm

Acm Guest

[YOUTUBE]3VoWc3yypHs[/YOUTUBE] The two singers in this band are both bi, and they dated at the start of the band. This song is about their breakup, so it's sort of an LGBT song.

13. Justinian20

Why I am so weird, I found a movement in the 90s called Cuddlecore and I love it. It's not actually a genre, it's more a variation of Indie pop music.

Honestly I just am weird because when I like a genre I will like the majority of artists in that genre or subgenre. I also have plans with cuddlecore for when I have a boyfriend, (I'm going to play it during cuddling sessions.)

14. luke564

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hey Justinian20, that sounds awesome - if you were interested I'd definitely take you up on that offer!

Will be back on my computer a little bit later today and will message you.

15. irlbabushka

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you like strange, experimental music, I actually recommend Einstürzende Neubauten. They've got some great noises- literally. And it just so happens that the lead singer, Blixa, is gay and married :slight_smile:

16. kyoujin

Blixa is gay? I haven't heard that until now.

Could you link me to a source that states this?

#16 kyoujin, Aug 24, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2015
  17. Midori

Out Status:
    Some people
    There's a Japanese band that mainly focuses on homosexuality as a major theme. "Their lyrics basically have a theme of love itself and all the emotions that go with it - and they create music with the idea that no matter one's gender or preferance, the feelings of romance are the same." I think the band was called..ADAMS? ..And they both look really attractive. I don't know for sure if they're gay..I think they are.

18. Lawrence

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I thought I had a really weird musical taste, until I realised that despite listening to many music genres, I'm usually drawn to songs with similar themes; dancing, love, madness, murder, and Satan.

I don't listen to many songs about LGBT things. But I've listened to plenty songs about necrophilia :lol: It's almost comical how I have the "ultimate edgy" taste in music.