1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dragging Wendy Williams For This Horrible Aaliyah Movie

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by ZenMusic, Aug 22, 2015.

1. ZenMusic

I know, this aired 9 months ago, but I really wasn't interested in watching it at the time, I respect Aaliyah so much and she is such a huge inspiration for me, and the fuckery I saw months before this flop-ass "movie" aired gave me even more reason to not watch it. And when I did, I literally felt like I wasted an hour and 20 minutes of my life. For starters, Wendy, when Aaliyah's parents made sure neither you or Lifetime could use their daughter's songs in the film, you should really have sat down and thought about why they may have done that. Maybe it's because they knew exactly how your mind worked, and that you couldn't give a gift wrap damn about Aaliyah and what you did care about was lining your pockets. Then there was this casting. As an actor, I understand that it is more important that your body language, facial expressions, and general interactions with other characters represent that of the actual person, but come on, you could have AT LEAST made them look a little similar. The most ridiculous one had to be Missy Elliot. Wendy Williams, were you HIGH when you cast this woman? Missy Elliot may have slimmed down in the past 20 years, but she was most certainly not that slim in 1996. And we have R Kelly looking like Akon's brother, with him being the focuse for the first, what, 40 minutes of the film? You then flash to '96, and have Aaliyah just randomly choosing two then-unknown music producers to produce One In A Million. Next thing you know, it's the new millennium, and Damon Dash is apparently extremely crass and arrogant, but Aaliyah likes him anyway. And then...she dies. Look, even if I wasn't a massive fan of Aaliyah, crapping on someone's legacy just to get your coins is not OK, and Wendy Williams did exactly what I'd thought she'd do the next day. Completely ignore actual, legitimate criticism of the film and boast about how "successful" (being the second highest rated cable movie of 2014 isn't much of an achievement, especially considering you don't necessarily like the film just because you've watched it.) I didn't even like you before this because you are a gossip queen. You throw much shade at celebrities and then when you come face to face to them, you hide your hand and act like you never disrespected them. But going on your show and showing that you care more about your dollar signs than the fact that you completely and utterly slapped Aaliyah's friends, family and fans in the face by showing how little effort you put into this "film", if that's what you want to call it, is sociopathic. People had every right to go in on you, and I have no sympathy for someone who has such little regard for the dead, and if this was someone I'm less familiar with, like say, Selena Quintanilla, I would do the exact same thing. Did anyone else watch this rubbish?

2. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I didn't even know a movie was made tbh, but I have seen a lot of people talk about it and how awful the TV movie was that came out last year.

3. XenaxGabby

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I watched it. I didn't know much about Aaliyah apart from how she died. I had never heard her music or knew her backstory so I was interested enough to see the movie. It was bad. Really bad.

Selena (the person and the movie) was amazing:slight_smile: