1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jenny Schecter (The L Word)

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by PrettyPurple, Aug 23, 2015.

1. PrettyPurple

I saw the last episode of The L Word today and I was just wondering... what do you think about Jenny? She was my favorite character, which is apparently disturbing and so many people hate her :dry:

2. candyjiru

Omg... I hated Jenny... she was always lying and was rude to everyone even after they had been there for her when she was struggling... She really became a caricature of a typical bad person by the end... (but that hair, though *.*)

I liked Bette (so gorgeous... even though she had her problems, who could say no to her? XD;;:wink: and I liked Max (why didn't he give birth at the end? Will Bette and Tina adopt his baby??) and of course, Shane <3

I was waiting for Jenny to go and I really thought that Tina would be the one to off her (another character I really despised >.>) but, sadly, it was a good character that did the deed, lol

3. Nocturnal

Nocturnal Guest

I liked Jenny in the beginning but she became a big headed, manipulative bitch. She guilt-tripped Shane into being with her & hid Molly's note for Shane so they wouldn't get back together. -. - I agree with candyjiru that she's rude & lied to everyone that was trying to help her.

4. PrettyPurple

I saw the interview with the writer, Bette and Tina didn't adopt his baby because he was supposed to have something positive. What do you mean it was a good character who did the deed? We never found out who killed her.

---------- Post added 24th Aug 2015 at 01:18 PM ----------

I have no idea why I like her but I do :lol: I mean she did a loooot of bad things but I still like her for some reason

5. Libra Neko

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I am neutral towards Jenny. I wasn't upset when she died; I reserve that feeling for Dana. And I don't think we ever learn how she died.
    My favorite character is probably Shane, though she isn't my type.

6. PrettyPurple

I cried a bit when Dana died, but she wasn't one of my favorite characters. There are so many theories about Jenny's death, my favorites are that she staged her own death or that she killed Adele and she was the one found in the pool, since they had the same haircut and looked similar.

7. XenaxGabby

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I liked Jenny in the first 3 seasons but then she became awful! She was entertaining though.

8. CyanChachki

I didn't like Jenny, she was mean.

9. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Sadly the character I most related to, in terms of personality. I just wish they didn't choose to portray bisexuality with so many negative stereotypes. >_>

10. candyjiru

I'm dying trying to quote just part of this, (why do you hate me, html?? XD) but in response to who killed Jenny... they actually were making a sequel that would follow the killer and continue the story of the L Word, but it wasn't picked up for a full show and was made into a TV movie instead~~~ I haven't seen it yet because I was too sad that a character I liked was thrown in jail XD;;;;; (didn't want to spoil anything so click the link to see who the killer was)

The Farm (TV Movie 2009) - IMDb

Also, ah, that makes sense about Max and the baby... I hope he got a lot of support from the ladies since he seemed to be freaking out (and rightfully so) towards the end of the series T.T

11. PrettyPurple

I read about it, but apparently Ilene Chaiken said in one interview that Alice went to jail for Jenny's murder, but not necessarily did it, and in the interview for The Real L Word she said that Alice didn't actually kill Jenny. I wish there was more of The L Word, since I finished the series there is this emptiness in my tvwatching that no other series can fill... :lol:

12. candyjiru

Oh man~ that makes me feel a lot better~ I felt like she was the least likely to do it, so I'm glad my little gossip is safe (and refuse to believe the Farm is canon... she deserved so much more!)

13. PrettyPurple

Well since it didn't become a series after all... but when I was watching the interrogation tapes, those detectives seemed to suspect Alice did it, because she said something like, "what does any of it have to do with who killed Jenny?" when they were asking her questions, and that seemed to make the detective suspicious

14. bethpurple

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I didn't like her, but towards the end she became so ridiculously awful I couldn't take it seriously. It did really bother me though when she got together with Shane, my favorite character.

15. the haunted

I absolutely loved Jenny's character. She was a total bitch towards the end, but there was always something endearing about Jenny.

16. PrettyPurple

I don't know what exactly that is, but there is something about her that makes me love her even when she was so terrible to everyone

17. Berru

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I don't mean to be *that* person, but a lot of these posts need spoiler alerts. I know, I know, the series is a few years old. But I never got round to finishing it and I'm even further from it now :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

18. PrettyPurple

I kinda don't know how to make spoiler alerts tbh XD unless I just need to write "hey spoiler alert"

#18 PrettyPurple, Sep 2, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2015
  19. Houdini

for me it was all just way over the top and that's why it kind of ruined it for me. So hated Jenny Schecter and didn't enjoy the last season because of her...