1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Man from U.N.C.L.E

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by MrSecret, Aug 25, 2015.

1. MrSecret

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Who else has seen this movie? It was AWESOME! It was like Kingsman but more serious and with an actual plot. Not as much fighting, but the music, cinematic angles, and performance from the actors make up for it.

I saw it a few days ago by myself and here is a quick review.

Plot-Line: 6/10.
    It was a bit cliche, but in a very spy-esque way.
    Characters: 8/10.
    Very good, however I feel like they could have improved on developing some of the characters more, after watching it I realized other than the first 20 minutes we didn't really get to see much of their personalities being built. Illya was the only one who really got a good character development, considering he was the one with the love interest, and his anger management issues.
    Cinematic experience/music: 10/10.
    Loved it, it's the reason I didn't notice the lack of character development and the lack of fight scenes. All because the music and cinematography and locations were so beautiful.

I would give it an overall score 9/10. I would definitely say it was better than Kingsman in the fact that, even though it didn't have as much action, it made up for it by having a better plot-line.

Also, the two leads are HOT. Especially the guy who played Illya, I knew I liked Russian accents just because they sound badass, but I didn't realize how hot they sound too until this movie xD

2. Sek

Sek

Seeing it tomorrow with the other half, can't wait! The trailer made it look really good, and this isn't usually my type of film so I'm definitely curious. Will post my thoughts after. :slight_smile:

3. ChickenWhistle

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    OMG, I had no idea they'd made a new movie of this!

My dad used to make me watch the original series when I was a kid. I think it was like a 70's show originally. Illya Kuryakin was originally played by the dude who's better known as "Birdy" in NCIS these days. I notice you're in the states so the UK will probably have to wait a few weeks to get it over here in cinemas. I might even take my dad!

#3 ChickenWhistle, Aug 25, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2015
  4. hullaballoo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Ah I really want to see this film badly :bang:
    There's been a kind of hype with my friends about this and it sounds so good!
    And I have to agree with you: Russian accents are hot af :lol:

5. wildestdreams

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I saw this film there other day with the expectation of hating it. I was pleasantly surprised how much I loved it. Arnie Hammer who played Illya was very beautiful and his accent was soooooo dreamy... I was mesmerised. Henry Cavill was great too with his cheesy demeanour. Very very impressed. Tempted to go a second time.

6. ChickenWhistle

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    DUCKY! I meant DUCKY, of course. :eusa_doh: