1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who do you idolize or look up too?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by 3n, Aug 25, 2015.

1. 3n

3n Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Personally, i perceive Billie Joe Armstrong as a role model of mine (i would say my dad but i dont have a father). He is an amazing musician, father, and just plain awesome. Who do you guys idolize?

2. DreamerBoy17

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I look up to Gerard Way of My Chemical Romance. He's worked through drugs, depression, alchohalism to get where he is today, even if getting there meant breaking up the band, and I respect him so much for fighting through his struggles rather than giving in. He seems to care about the fans, he would give speeches at concerts about suicide and just so positive in general... I just really look up to him, even if most of the fan base is obnoxious.
    Also my dad. After my parent's divorce, he got custody of my siblings and I most of the time, and he's worked his butt off to support the family, and I appreciate that. He refuses to date until we all are adults because he wants to put us first. Even if he can be homophobic and racist sometimes, I have great respect for him.

3. Libra Neko

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't idolize people. The people I admire the most are members of my family or friends.

4. Ameryllis

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would probably say Joey Graceffa because he's been through difficult times and still remains so happy and optimistic. :slight_smile:

5. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Carl Sagan. He possessed a marvelous intellect, working on space probes that greatly advanced our tech and knowledge. Not only that, but he knew how to translate dry data into something the average person can recognize as awe-inspiring and romantic.

6. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    David Tennant.

From a purely technical point of view, the man is a brilliant and dedicated actor. He is also a genuinely good human being, and super nice to his fans. Plus he's played some of my favorite characters in fiction. Just a very cool guy and definitely a great role model.

7. AngerAndAgony

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    For their talent? Jared Leto. Actor, singer, musician, and director and the most talented ainger I have ever heard? I WISH i could sing that well.

As a person? The Walst brothers, Brad and Matt. Both have been through so much and have come out stronger. They're the greatest guys I've ever met.

8. Hawk

Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Eric Church (I did use his name as my middle :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:)

As a person, Tim McGraw. He's such a down-to-earth guy, and I feel like he doesn't let his success get to his head, like other celebrities.

9. Chi and Bashful

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    This is going to sound cynical but I dont all the people I at somepoint looked up to have let me down I've come to the conclusion that there are no heros everyone has character flaws