1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trevor: A short film about growing up gay.

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by rocking23, Dec 31, 2008.

1. rocking23

[​IMG]

Set in 1981, Trevor is told through a series of diary entries, following 13-year-old Trevor, a passionate Diana Ross fan who strives for attention from his parents by frequently faking suicide.

To his delight, Trevor is befriended by hunky school athlete, Pinky Faraday, upon whom he develops a crush. When he confesses how he feels about Pinky to his best friend Walter Stiltman, not realizing anything is unusual about his feelings, his friend turns on him and word spreads at school that Trevor is gay.

Shortly thereafter, a confused Trevor is ostracized by his entire school and in his ensuing pain, goes to such lengths as to give himself electric shock therapy to reverse his apparent homosexuality, runs away from home, and ultimately attempts suicide while lip-syncing to the song "Endless Love."

When Trevor awakes in the hospital, he meets Jack, a young candy-striper with a supportive demeanor. Jack's friendship and advice, along an offer to see Diana Ross, inspires Trevor to live. The film closes with a buoyant Trevor dancing up the sidewalk to his parents' house while singing Diana Ross' "I'm Coming Out."

It's on Daily Motion and i couldn't figure out how to post it so you can watch it here...
    just click this link and watch in on the other site.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xycnk_short-film-trevor_people

It's 18min long.

2. EM68

Thats a great movie! Thanks for sharing!

3. jroakwood

Pinky Faraday? hahaha.

i guess that was a cute little movie.

4. BeautifulStranger

I absolutely adore this

And it really reminds me of myself