1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Holding the Man

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by wisefolly, Aug 28, 2015.

1. wisefolly

wisefolly Guest

Here's the trailer for the movie, based on a memoir. Anyone going to see it? Has anyone read the book?

[YOUTUBE]JOURNEMfHls[/YOUTUBE]

2. jonjon

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I haven't read the book. I love a good gay love story though. So I'll definitely go see it. I just watched The Way He Looks. I liked it. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3. wildestdreams

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No, but I have heard about the film and am very much looking forward to it.

4. wisefolly

wisefolly Guest

I thought The Way He Looks sounded familiar, I saw the short film it was based on a few years ago. It's called I Don't Want to Go Back Alone. I'd link the youtube vid but I think they just ripped it from a DVD or something so... easy to find though.

A copy of the memoir Holding the Man is temporarily out of stock on Amazon U.S. (starting at $22) and it gets even more ridiculously expensive if you go for used copies. For being a classic in Australia (not Mars or something), and it being 2015 you'd think there'd at least be an affordable e-book to start with.

Here's a passage from the book (thanks to Wikipedia):

And another (when they first kiss as part of a party game):

*sigh*... or *swoon*, whichever...

5. jonjon

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    _thanks wisefolly
    [​IMG]

#5 jonjon, Aug 28, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2015
  6. wisefolly

wisefolly Guest

Oh myy is right... it wasn't hot enough with this heat and humidity that I had to go and read something like that...

The book is apparently pretty uh... steamy itself (according to this discussion of the book and movie).