1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dear Friends

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by BeautifulStranger, Jan 1, 2009.

1. BeautifulStranger

Alright, since my review of '200 lbs Beauty' was so well-received, I thought I'd write a review for another favorite film of mine.
    So here it goes... =]

'Dear Friends' is a wonderful Japanese film and quite possibly my favorite movie of all time.

The movie is centered around party-girl Rina (played by Keiko Kitagawa) who believes friends aren't needed for daily life and they're meant to be used. Because of this, she cannot maintain friendships. Her relationship with her family is also strained; her father doesn't care and her mother is over-protective.
    One night at a club she collapses. It is soon discovered that she has cancer. She's then hospitalized for an undefined amount of time. While in the hospital her family and friends don't visit her. The only regular visitor she has is a girl named Maki (played by Yuika Motokariya). Maki tells Rina that they were friends younger, but Rina does not remember, so Maki uses this as a chance to reconnect.

That is all that I can tell you without spoiling anything.
    This movie is so completely beautiful and if you watch it, have tissues ready. You will cry... without a doubt.

You can find the movie on 'crunchyroll.com'

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xPfu_MP74c[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-sLcCfd6JE[/YOUTUBE]

Okay, not lying
    I started crying when I watched the second trailer

This film is beautiful.

MAJOR UPDATE

Someone reported CrunchyRoll again, and 'Dear Friends' has been removed.
    You can find it on YouTube as well, but I'm not sure if it's dubbed and if all of the parts are there.

#1 BeautifulStranger, Jan 1, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2009