1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just finished the anime BERSERK....HOLYMOTHERFUCKING ECLIPSE

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Straight ally, Aug 31, 2015.

1. Straight ally

Santiago de los caballeros, Dominican Republic
    Im another victim of DAT ending (yes, i know it continues in the manga) its just impressive how so many strong emotions can be encapsulated in 3 episodes.

The place and the bizzare creatures are just perfect for awakrning in you visceral feelings you didnt knew you had inside.

I just dont have words for this.

2. RainDreamer

I haven't watched the anime yet, but I am still reading the manga.

The creatures are intended to show you what real Hell is like, after all, so..yeah. Hell will be what you will see.

3. RawringSnake

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hop over to the manga. By far my the best (and my favorite) manga I've read of all time. And the art-style evolves beautifully. Miura has completely mastered his craft at this point. Aaaaaaand it looks like he is FINALLY gonna commit to releasing chapters in a timely basis.

Also, yes, The Eclipse is by far one of the most (if not The most) horrific events I've seen depicted in fiction.

Btw, have you watched the animated movies by any chance? I would like to know if they are any good. I don't know, the story of Berserk is so big and dense I can't think how they would manage to cram it all into a handful of 2 hr. movies without butchering the whole narrative.

#3 RawringSnake, Aug 31, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2015
  4. blaziken25

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am on episode 2. Going to finish it after Railgun. I'm super excited for this one :grin: Also might give the Manga a go since it is rated top Manga on MyAnimeList.

5. Lawrence

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Are you talking about the new Berserk anime? I haven't seen the new Berserk, but I watched the original Berserk anime. After the anime finished, I felt weird(er) for around an hour, and this was back when I existed in some sort of void, so I found it difficult to feel anything emotionally. Let that sink in for a minute.

I think you have what some people jokingly call "post anime depression syndrome", and the best cure is to watch more anime!

6. Straight ally

I watched in the movies the part of the eclips. And somehow the way the cgi was used kind of killed the essence of the original. The original for me is more scary more ominous, more misterious, darker, and more artistic.

---------- Post added 1st Sep 2015 at 05:48 AM ----------

A shame i was partly spoiled i watched part of the eclipse. In a youtube video that presented top ten disturbing anime moments of characters getting eaten. Also i read somewhere about Caska rape. So i kind of knew something reaaly bad was going to happen, and this actually attracted me to watch the show. Mainly because i liked the way they where able to represent a hell. I would have loved and hated to be taken by surprise ....

What new anime? I couldnt find it

7. Straight ally

By the way... Now i want to make my friends really sad and pissed by sharing this with them :slight_smile:

8. Ryu

Ryu

I've seen the original berserk anime and have seen the first two CGI films, and I prefer the anime so much. To me it just works so much better in that style than the film ones. I might be kinda tempted to carry on where the anime left off with the manga eventually too... Got stuff to catch up on first though...