1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

music

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by lordjord96, Jan 4, 2009.

1. lordjord96

does anyone know any good music?

2. SpacerX

loads. sorta depends on your taste though. any genre preference? Personally it's mostly heavy stuff (Testament, Slayer, etc) for me, mixed with a bit of electronica stuff like Chemical Brothers and Soulwax.

#2 SpacerX, Jan 4, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2009
  3. Ben

Ben

If you want to get into some good music, don't go totally mainstream. It's rare that something with a quirky and original tinge gets the backing of enough people to make it big.

Try listening to some of the female jazz greats, like Anita O'Day, Carmen McRae, Betty Carter and Billie Holiday etc.
    Maybe if you want to listen to more modern things Michael Buble would be a good choice.
    If you don't like that then you could take a chance on bands such as the Ozric Tentacles for more psychedelic and heavy tunes.

Of course "good music" is very personal and subjective. Good music to me may be horrific music to others.

4. littledinosaurs

If you wanna try Folk/indie go for Bright Eyes or Rilo Kiley.

5. MusicIsLife

Idk your taste in music so I'll go with a few:

Soft rock/indie-ish Check out Brand New.
    Metalcore: Old school Avenged sevenfold
    Rap: 3OH!3 or Gym Class Heroes
    Pop Punk: We The Kings
    Punk Rock: Pennywise, NOFX, or Bad Religion
    New Wave Punk Rock: The Distillers, Bouncing Souls, The Unseen

Im mostly into Metal and Punk, so if you like softer stuff im not much help :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

6. Derek the Wolf

Lemme know if you're interested in mine. It's mostly death metal or nu metal, and happy hardcore or trance.

7. Trumpetplyer23

Lets see here.

Led Zepplin, The Who, Aerosmith, The Rolling Stones, Human League, George Michael, Wham, Joy Division, The Smiths, Bon Jovi, Motley Crue, Guns 'N' Roses, Saving Abel, The Black Crowes (Early stuff, like the first album called Shake Your Money Maker), Rob/White Zombie, Marliyn Manson, Alice In Chains, Nirvana, Audioslave, Rage Against the Machine, Stone Temple Pilots, Cobra Starship, Thrice, Mustard Plug, Reel Big Fish, Coheed and Cambria, Jane's Addiction, Miles Davis, T.I., Public Enemy, Run DMC, Paul Wall, Jimi Hendrix, Dream Theater, Avenged Sevenfold, Atreyu, AFI, A Wilhelm Scream, Pantera, Slayer, The Who, Gym Class Heroes, Secondhand Serenade, Dashboard Confessional, Faith No More, The Red Hot Chili Peppers, Korn, Marvin Gaye, Megadeath, Mudvayne, My Chemical Romance, The Number 12 Looks Like You, Nine Inch Nails, Papa Roach, Pearl Jam, The Police, The Clash, The Misfits, The Ramones, Prince, Rancid, Shadows Fall, Rush, Redemption 87, Sonic Youth (Goo is the best album), Sublime, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Thousand Foot Krutch, U2, Underoath, Trivium, The White Stripes, and 311.

Mostly alternative rock, ska, metal, and punk. However, there is stuff in there for everyone :slight_smile:.

8. Kryz

Posting a genre you like might be helpful....
    So I'll just drop random band/singer names I like and are good.

Radiohead, Björk, Air, Daft Punk, The chemical brothers, Portishead; No Doubt, Blur, The white Stripes, Garbage, Muse; Depeche Mode....

And oh well since the questions is if I know any good music, well, Classical music is good no matter what lol

9. xXHolic

I love Epic metal, Industrial and Gothic music
    would like to help you if I can
    what's your fav kind?

10. musican

I like Keri Hilson, Pink, Kelly Clarkson, Evanescence, Erin McCarley, Jazmine Sullivan, Leona Lewis, and Marie' Digby.

It all depends on what type of music you like, like other people have posted before me. I find that I'm more likely to like individual songs of artists rather than albums, so I look around a lot.

11. Lychee

Classical stuff is always good - Tchaikovsky, Beethoven, Bach, etc :slight_smile:

But not Wagner. He was a Nazi. Oh, and his music isn't that good

12. MusicIsLife

Gustav Holst is also good for classical :slight_smile: