1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Markiplier anyone?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by AlexanderDragon, Sep 16, 2015.

1. AlexanderDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So, Markiplier has kinda been keeping me sane for the past few months. He really makes me laugh when I really can't derive joy from much else. What do y'all think of his new pink hair? Also, have a favorite video of his? I think mine would have to be his The Evil Within series.

2. ApexxShadow

I love him so much omg 0:

I love every single video of his XD

3. Simple Thoughts

Markiplier is awesome!

4. Lazuri

He's not my favorite let's play guy, but I have a lot of respect for him after a recent video that he made so I subscribed to him and will watch some of his videos now and then.

As for favorite videos, out of the ones I've seen it's probably the Yandere simulator videos for their hilarity and the Fatal Frame videos because he's like the only famous youtuber that I know who actually did a let's play in this absolute gem of a game.

But yeah, he's alright. I'm not a huge fan of solo let's players and much, much prefer the ones that work in teams such as the Achievement Hunters and Two Best Friends because it allows them to work off each others humor.

5. Chiroptera

Admin Team Full Member

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The Evil Within was really awesome! I bought the game because of his gameplay.

3 days ago, he posted in his Facebook saying that something serious happened. I hope he is alright.

Go go go, Awesomeplier!

6. BrokenRecord

BrokenRecord Guest

Alright, I need this answered: what exactly is so amazing about Markiplier? He's almost all I hear about these days online and off. I never bothered to watch him once, and I want to know what is so captivating about him. I wouldn't know where to start watching his videos, maybe someone could give me a sample of his work to start with? I personally remember back when Smosh of all things was popular, and what I've been hearing is that he's about at their popularity level. I'm worried that Markiplier will just end up being about as nauseating to me as PewDiePie, with nothing but gross out humor like talking about wanting to rape a dead pig (PDP once actually joked about doing that in one of his videos), as well as being a money-grubbing whore, so I never watched him. So could anyone explain to me what exactly makes Markiplier so great? I'm about as confused as I was whan I still didn't understand the difference between bi- and pansexuality.

7. Lazuri

Markiplier is a bit more down to earth. He's not as creepy as PewDiePie is, has better humor and instead of intentionally trying to sound like a child or a moron like Pewds does, Markiplier actually has a voice worthy of radio. That said, he can still be plenty obnoxious and screamy at times.

The reason I like him and respect him is because of a video he uploaded a couple of weeks ago where he talked about how he had realized how many fans he actually had and was trying to figure out a way to use his fans to help people. It takes a special kind of man to realize what he has and start to think how he can use it to help others. On that note I have to point out that you're being a little unfair on Pewds when calling him a money-grubbing whore as he has donated a lot of money and done several charity events. Pewds is a terrible entertainer if you ask me, but he's not a bad person.

---------- Post added 19th Sep 2015 at 04:41 PM ----------

Also, I know on good authority that Pewds isn't actually a bad guy since he is, believe it or not, a friend of a friend.

8. BrokenRecord

BrokenRecord Guest

I see. I might give Markiplier a viewing or two at some point then.

How you describe him wanting to use what he has for good kind of reminds me of what I'm trying to do with my book writing, and considering how many followers I have before even publishing a single book, I might take that approach as well.

When I talked about PewDiePie being a whore, I'm talking about how he mainly is only in it for the money, putting it as a higher priority than having people who support him, and mainly donated the money to get his fans off of his back about saying the shit about how the haters make him rich and such. If I remember correctly, didn't he not disable the ads on his apology video? (or am I thinking of Angry Joe not disabling ads on his memorial video for JeWario? I get the two mixed up a lot.)

9. candyjiru

I am more into review guys (over let's play) like JonTron, The Completionist, and PBG, but I did watch Markiplier's FNAF videos, haha~ He seems funny enough, but not someone I seek out on youtube~

10. Lazuri

Yeah--the only solo LP guy that I truly like is Rabbit's Respawn. Just... The way he plays his games is aweinspiring.

11. 3n

3n Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    His FNAF 4 montage is hilarious XD

12. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

He's ok. Not my first choice for a lets player but he's less obnoxious than someone like peiwdipie or godforbid smosh

13. Simple Thoughts

Did you guys hear about what happened?

I feel so bad for him. He must be devastated :c