1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do u think Ricky Martin became less popular & profitable since he came out?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by SonicBoom, Sep 29, 2015.

?

Do u think Ricky Martin became less popular & profitable since he came out?

1. Yes

3 vote(s)
    37.5%
  2. No

5 vote(s)
    62.5%
  3. I don't know

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. SonicBoom

This thread is not to debate whether lgbt people in the entertainment industry should come out or not.

This is just a personal opinion survey of "Do u think Ricky Martin became less popular & profitable since he came out?"

I do think that he became less popular and made less money since he came out.

There are so many homophobes around. Homophobes spend money and make spending decisions based on their homophobia.

Plus all the tons and tons of straight women and teenage girls buying his posters and other things swooning over him thinking that he was straight. I really do think fewer straight women and girls would swoon over him knowing he is gay.

What do you think?

#1 SonicBoom, Sep 29, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2015
  2. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

An attractive man is an attractive man. I mean, how many women turn gay men into a fetish? One word: slash. Also, some women find gay men attractive, simply for just being gay! Kind of that forbidden fruit ordeal, if you will.

Then there's the women who think, oh, he's gay? I'll be the exception!

As for Ricky Martin. I think he hit his high point. By the time he came out, he was starting to dwindle, his coming out spiked his presence a bit but, eventually, it settled. I'd say his sexuality, if it had anything to do with his career, only played a minor role. What put him down was a competitive market that, sadly, did not provide an advantage to the type of music he was putting out.

#2 Kaiser, Sep 29, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2015
  3. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm not sure. Who is he?

Never heard of him.

Is he related to Ricky Ricardo? Maybe then, he has a chance.

4. SonicBoom

[youtube]p47fexgabay[/youtube]

5. Charon

Charon Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Nah, like Kaiser said, he was more or less a has been when he came out, nobody was surprised though. His music is awful IMO. It's also funny how many songs he wrote about banging cunts/loving women. It's like he was desperately trying to hide his homosexuality.

6. Devil Dave

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've never followed Ricky Martin, but I think he was already less famous before he came out. Plenty of artists are a big thing one minute, then not so big the next, even though they continue to make music and have a successful career and a loyal following of fans in certain parts of the world. And certainly not all of them are gay. so I don't think his sexuality has much to do with his popularity.

7. Nekoko

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I thought he came out after his career faded into obscurity... *shrugs* wasn't he like a one hit wonder? I only know that one livin la vida loca song, catchy as hell but it's the only song I remember being crazy popular by him. Idk, I remember him being gay was a rumor for years before he came out though... Buuuut that was kind of a common rumor about male pop singers....

8. justin88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I fully agree with you, his popularity had already faded way before he came out.