1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Real World: Brooklyn

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Étoile, Jan 9, 2009.

1. Étoile

Is anyone watching The Real World: Brooklyn? The cast mates seem really interesting so far. Instead of the usual 7, there's 8 people in the house now. To give you a quick rundown of everyone:

Baya: A 21-year-old energetic girl from Salt Lake City, UT who's pursuing a career in hip-hop dancing

JD: A gay 23 year-old Sea World dolphin trainer from Miami, FL who had a very troubled childhood

Devyn: A former Miss Missouri Teen and Miss America Teen pageant contestant who has her eye on Scott

Scott: A New Hampshire bodybuilder who appeared in Men's Health numerous times

Ryan: A 23-year-old former Iraqi soldier from Pennsylvania whose small-town life has influenced his sometimes ignorant beliefs

Chet: A 23-year-old metrosexual Mormon from Salt Lake City, UT who assures everyone he's straight and strictly abides by his religious beliefs

Sarah: A bisexual 22-year-old tattoo lover from San Francisco, CA who's training to become an art therapist for the sexually abused

Katelynn: A 24-year-old male-to-female, post-op transgendered woman from West Palm Beach, FL who's a black belt in martial arts

At first, I wasn't interested, but after seeing the first episode, this season really looks like it can be entertaining and even enlightening.

2. TheRoof

real world is boring-i mean yea the cast is hot, especially the guys,
    but its just the same thing over and over again.
    they need to do something different cuz its getting really old imo -_-

3. RaRa

GAHHHH i cant believe i missed it!

I don't watch much tv anymore, and i like never remember when my shows are gonna be on...

4. sdc91

When's it on? I haven't seen Real World since Austin (and 2 episodes of Key West).

5. KatzInHatz

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Every Wednesday on Mtv at 10pm~!~! ^.^

6. kevinx519

i love ittt!!! i actually just finished watching the first episode on mtv's website. you can watch full episodes on there if youd like. the last scene between katelynn and jd is soo sweet. i teared up at it. haha. i think this season will be good. the last two were kinda bleh. but this season seems like it has more depth to it. as one person said before, its not just sex, clubbing, and a lot of bleeped out words. props to mtv for exposing some true issues.

7. Urman

Urman Guest

i never liked that show for some reason

8. sdc91

http://www.mtv.com/videos/real-world-brooklyn-ep-1-brooklyn-bridging/1601510/playlist.jhtml

That's the link to the first episode.

I just watched it, and I can say that I'm REALLY looking forward to the rest of the season. JD seems like such a sweet guy, and I'm glad Katelynn's on it. I also like that Scott's more than just a pretty face (or torso) and accepting.

And how many coming outs can you count in that episode... lol. Really, with such accepting reactions it makes me wonder why I'm not totally out. And JD made it seem like it's not a big deal, and then it wasn't. That's what I like.

9. RaRa

OMFG!

I just watched it and It was so great! The cast is so diverse and it looks so juicy and interesting.

Scott and Daya are so cute they're my 2 favs. :grin:

10. SmileItsNicole

SUCH A GOOD SHOW!!! yay :]

11. excuseyou77

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    This season actually sounds interesting. I haven't watched in a really good while because I really haven't had the desire, but I think I'll check this version out.

12. Tim

Tim

Last season I watched was the one with Davis... lol >_<

13. sdc91

The rest of the MTV site has some pretty good clips. You can watch the castmembers' reactions to a preview of the first episode, among other things.

14. Tim

Tim

Everyone keep saying how attractive Scott is... I find Katelyn more attractive than him XD

I love Ryan, haha, first person on The Real World that actually seems real XD It's quite creepy how he knew J.D. was gay, and Katelyn was transgendered just by meeting them lol, but he was wrong on Chet, granted, I think everyone thinks Chet is gay. I mean come on, a fashion designer that sings? How more stereotypical can you get :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

EDIT: (Except for the fact he seems slightly homophobic, and he had no right calling Katelyn 'it')

#14 Tim, Jan 11, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2009
  15. Étoile

Well, he did say he likes to figure out a person within the first 5 minutes of meeting them.

I find it so funny that Chet is homophobic but he's so metrosexual. LOL Did anyone catch him saying that homosexuality is a sin? Watch when Ryan and him were singing and he sings something like 'I'm just metrosexual, but at least that's not a sin.'