1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The "Don't Judge" Challenge

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by anthonybg, Oct 6, 2015.

1. anthonybg

anthonybg Guest

Is anyone else getting tired of that so called "Don't Judge Challenge"? That misleading title is totally contradicting the message that this "challenge" is supposed to send. Instead of people who're expected to give examples that the outside beauty and the looks are not the only things that matter, they're just trying to show off how more good-looking are they compared to the ones who may have health problems and wear glasses or have acne, for example and often face the mocking of their schoolmates. So, as a conclusion, that "challenge" is actually a shallow and stupid way of people trying to boost their ego and receive compliments by comparing themselves to people who might suffer because of how they look. DON'T JUDGE A BOOK BY ITS COVER, LOOK WHAT'S INSIDE!

That's my opinion, I'd love to hear yours.

#1 anthonybg, Oct 6, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2015
  2. Canterpiece

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ugh, don't even get me started. I just hate that challenge with a passion. I mean gee, I wish it really was that easy to "wipe away" my asthma like they do in some of the videos!

:dry:

3. anthonybg

anthonybg Guest

A pretty convenient way for those desperate-for-likes teens to make fun out of one's issues. That disgusts me.
    :bang:

4. ThatBorussenGuy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Am I out of the loop? Because I haven't even heard of this "challenge".

5. FootballFan101

Its were people make themselves ugly with makeup and then wip it off

6. Rainbows~Exist

Fucking hate it, don't remind me.

7. Distant Echo

Never heard of it, and now I'm glad I hadn't.

8. loveislove01

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    For people who don't know what it is, it's a challenge when people use makeup (for the most part) to draw on things perceived as ugly, for example: unibrows, acne, bad teeth, glasses in some videos too...and then they wipe off the "ugly" and show how they look for real. (Sometimes with "natural makeup")
    The message I get from them is "don't judge me because I could look this ugly but I'm not"

I think it is countering the purpose that this challenge was intended for. It's calling things like unibrows, acne...etc. ugly, and this is something many people do have, and this is why it can be considered slightly offensive Because not everybody has physical beauty, and some have to work harder to get to look "beautiful"
    Beauty is just a social construct, anyway. These days it's about the big boobs and butt and thigh gaps, fake tans.. And white people do seem to be considered more beautiful. According to some buzzfeed video, years ago a plump, curvy body and a unibrow was considered beautiful.

What is ugly, anyway? The definition changes from person to person, place to place, and over the years...

I think the challenge itself is counter productive and stupid, anyway.

9. PumpkinSpice

I never heard of this challenge until now, so When I first read the title I got a completely different impression of what the "don't judge Challenge" would be.

I thought it was going to be something like... don't judge people, as in, go through out your day without thinking a single judgemental thought towards someone else and if you find yourself starting to think something judgemental, stop yourself and think of something positive about the person instead.

Then I looked up what the challenge actually was... how ridiculous! :/

10. Lone Dragon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Totally. I could rant about this for hours. :frowning2:

This all the way.

It was kind of a summer trend or something. It was really sad to see.

It makes people think you have to be perfect. Setting up these standards of what people think they need to achieved these days. It's saying people who don't have great teeth, have acne on their face, glasses, a unibrow etc. that those are portrayed ugly to people.

Don't judge me. for what? If you say acne or bad teeth is ugly, then that in itself is judging what is beautiful and what is ugly. It doesn't make sense. Probably most people did it just to be cool.

It should be about accepting your flaws. ugh

11. florence2000

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I hate it
    It so stupid!

12. candyjiru

The only person I know who did it was also someone who was posting things transphobic slurs around the same time... not something that classy people do, in my experience... smdh