1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ma Vie en Rose

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Bunny, Jan 10, 2009.

1. Bunny

...Or, "My Life in Pink" is a French film about Ludovic, an innocent young boy who insists that he was meant to be a girl. His parents, however, disagree.

It's amazing. It deals with transsexuality through the eyes of a young child in a really sensitive, realistic way.
    I wasn't expecting all that much when I started watching it, but by the time it was over tears were streaming down my face. :tears:

I'm not very good at describing movies, so here, watch for yourself (hope I won't get in trouble for this):

Ma Vie en Rose

2. myra

i have to agree. that was a really good movie. the quality of it wasn't good. but once you get past a bit of pixalation and the subtitles, its amazing. it was heartwrenching in spots.

3. Bunny

I know, when they shaved his head I started bawling.

Too bad about the quality, but I'm pretty sure you can get it on Amazon (which I intend to).

4. TEres321

Great movie, i wanted to stop it at some points because i was afraid of what may happen to ludovic. I loved it, thanks for posting!
    P.S. - did you guys get the vibe that christine was suffering from the same problem in reverse?

5. myra

oh ya...its too bad she was too pushy though. Ludovic really could have used her as a friend to have some understanding. the emotional trauma his family put him through was despicable. i thought at first his sister was actually going to be supportive, but she was scared and confused i think. though when they shaved his head, she was the only one in the family who couldn't watch, which said alot about her character.

6. TEres321

yeah. definitley agreed

7. BlakeHarmony

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I just watched it, it was so good!
    (I just typed that out in french before realizing it... When I noticed the subtitles halfway through I got so confused, lol)

8. Urman

Urman Guest

This was a awesome movie

9. Bunny

I know, it's one of the only movies I've actually had the urge to watch again.