1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pokemon I'm getting back into it

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Justinian20, Oct 21, 2015.

1. Justinian20

My favourite part of my childhood, much of which I've forgotten due to being teased and bullied was The Pokemon anime. Every morning I enjoyed watching Pokemon because it was so creative, after watching a few YouTube videos I decided to get back into the Pokemon franchise and anime.

So wish me luck in returning perhaps some of my best childhood memories.

2. Steve FS

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I'll be right there with you. Once I get a job, I'm going to spend a little bit of my money catching up on some childhood content. Pokemon was a BIG portion of my childhood, but I had to stop watching the anime/playing the games due to financial issues. erg!

At least we have the luxury of there being so much "new" Pokemon-related content out there for us to entertain ourselves with :slight_smile:

Who's your favorite Pokemon?

#2 Steve FS, Oct 21, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2015
  3. Justinian20

Honestly it's one of Gen one Pokemon, it used to be Gengar, I loved him as a Pokemon, but now I'm getting back into it, i've got to find a new favourite Pokemon, I think it might be a scary one to be honest.

#3 Justinian20, Oct 21, 2015
  4. Distant Echo

There are a lot of new Pokemon. My youngest boys are still huge fans. Good luck keeping track of them all.
    My favourite is still Psyduck :grin:

#4 Distant Echo, Oct 21, 2015
  5. Kira

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Back in the old days, my favorite was Haunter.
    I started getting into it more with FireRed's release, and I used to get such a kick out of watching normal moves do nothing to it. I guess mostly since Hyper Beam was all the rage back then, and I was easy to impress. Still love it's smug little face! :lol:

6. Papagei

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Haha, fellow Pokemon fan! I am 26 years old and never did get out of it. I've played every game so far (except for most of the third installments of a generation). This little guy from the most recent generation has definitely become my favorite. ^^

Meet Noibat. :grin:
    [​IMG]

7. LakanLunti

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey Justin, I am VERY MUCH willing to join you in your Pokemon journey! :grin: Be it in anime or in games!

8. Human After All

Aw man you were bullied for that? Back in about 2nd grade, much of my class played pokemon (both the videogames and trading gard games); it was one of my favorite memories, too :grin: . Recently, I've been playing the GBA Pokemon Ruby

9. Lone Dragon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You totally should. I left Pokemon for much of my later teen years. But all it took was me buying the latest Pokemon game and I still love it. I still play Pokemon Stadium on Nintendo from time to time too. The show is still pretty good, but the first generation was my childhood, so that will always be my favorite.

Good luck! :grin:

aww man Psyduck! Still one of my top 10 favorite Pokemon.

10. Justinian20

I wasn't bullied for liking Pokemon, I was bullied for a different reason altogether. A lot of people liked Pokemon when I was young. I don't truly remember why I was bullied because I forgot a lot about my childhood.

11. Justinian20

Piiiikachuuuuu (thunderbolts this thread back to relevance) hey guys I've got Diamond and Pearl with the anime, in three weeks I'll be buying another one, which anime season should I buy for Pokemon, I have Adventures of Orange Islands too.

12. Atreyo

Atreyo Guest

Ew, the anime. Lol, don't mind me, i've never liked the anime past the first season. Mainly because it's always the same stuff, and Ash is utterly clueless as a trainer. Still only using his rat Pikachu and hardly anything else. Oh, and the anime breaks the rules of the game too (such as electricity hitting ground type Pokemon), so that bugs me as well. And Team Rocket? Ugh, they are overdone and tired. They are not a dead horse, they are six feet under and rotting. It has been exhumed and is being beaten as we speak.

Other than that, I love Pokemon. I've been heavily into it since I was around 11 years old in 1998. I've been a fanatic ever since, really.

My favorites currently are (among others)

[​IMG]
    Delphox

[​IMG]
    Dragalge

[​IMG]
    Vespiquen

#12 Atreyo, Oct 28, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2015
  13. CyanChachki

You'll definitely have a lot of fun now. There are so many Pokemon now, it's amazing. Let us know if you get into the games at all, you'll have a blast.