1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Game of Thrones Speculation

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by WolfyFluff, Oct 22, 2015.

1. WolfyFluff

WolfyFluff Guest

Sorry if this has been posted before, but I wanted to ask anyway. I'm late to the whole Game of Thrones party, both on the books and the show. Still, I know the spoilers and that hasn't really ruined the experience for me. Even though the show gets sad, I still like it.

Anyway:

Judging by the way season 5 has ended, are all those speculations and predictions even going to happen?

The whole thing with Cersei, Sansa, Theon, Jon, Melisandre, Tyrion, Jorah, Arya, and Daenerys. The way all their stories just ended in the last episode for season 5. What is the most plausible thing that could actually happen? I'm not really trying to get my hopes up, but there must be something good coming out of their situations in season 6 somehow. Even after looking up some plausible theories and scenarios, I still have some doubts they would play out like that because the tone is always so bleak.

[spoilers]I don't know how to post spoilers[/spoilers]

2. Connorcode

Connorcode Guest

The TV series is bleak, not so much the books. The books are interspersed with loads of witty bits and humour, not least Wyman Manderly literally hopping about with joy because he tricked the Freys and Boltons into eating dead people in a pie... and being so fat that slitting his throat only cuts through one of his chins.

Going quickly makes everything so much more bleak - e.g. it not being obvious that Arya will get her sight back, Sam and Gilly's not-so-romantic but eventually sexy sailing in the books or the TV series not having all of the humorously evil parts like Varys killing people.

Have to say I'm looking forward to The Winds of Winter more than the next season.

3. WolfyFluff

WolfyFluff Guest

Yeah, I noticed that the books seem more humorous than the show. I still need to catch up though as I'm still reading A Storm of Swords. I feel bad about the way things are gonna unfold in that book because of seeing spoilers before finishing book one and season one.

Somehow I found Theon's attempts at taking Winterfell a little too funny in the book, even though it still has a morbid tone to it. Tyrion's parts are amusing and quite entertaining every time in the books, and show Tyrion is really great to watch.

The TV show can be great in most parts, but I kinda wish they still had more to it. There can't be much done about that since they run on limited time.

I'm looking forward to The Winds of Winter as well, once I finish the next three book eventually.

4. Connorcode

Connorcode Guest

The best thing to do is read each book quickly so you don't run out of steam and so the bits you don't enjoy so much pay off and you can see the value of them.
    I read book 1 a year ago in a week and books 2-5 a few months ago in a month and a half. People who have read each book - not necessarily all of at once - quickly tend to enjoy it more, or so I've found when talking to other fans.

5. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I speculate Emelia Clarke is beautiful.

Oh the story...

Jon Snow is Dany's step brother or something. Melisandra will use fire magic to revive him.

I don't read spoilers or have never even read the books.

6. justin88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I think so too, its pretty obvious Mellisandre was heading back for the wall when she ditched Stannis!

7. WolfyFluff

WolfyFluff Guest

Wow. Does everyone hate the show nowadays?

I think it was a mistake for me to even be interested in this series since all the responses seem to be negative every time.

8. justin88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I don't hate the TV show and a lot of people don't either!

9. RawringSnake

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    #9 RawringSnake, Oct 26, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2015
  10. sillycanuck

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Could two people really survive a jump like the one Sansa and Theon attempted? That was one thing that struck me funny when I watched the finale.

11. justin88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I'd like to think that they fell in snow! lol I don't know.

12. sillycanuck

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'm assuming they survived the jump. The show isn't exactly realistic anyway :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

13. Lalayajen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I just want to bring in a beautiful gay guy again...
    man.. Was I sad when they killed Renly Baratheon?

14. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Everyone will kill everyone, and they won't be able to think up any new characters fast enough to replace the dead ones, and it will implode under it's own weight, unless they add vampires or zombies.

15. justin88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    There's already zombies, kind of. That's essentially what the white walkers are.

16. mituaski

mituaski Guest

Soooooo... What happened to this guy?

[​IMG]