1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Secret

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by EM68, Jan 13, 2009.

1. EM68

Once a week at work we have training. Today we watched 'The Secret' as part of it. I thought it was a great movie. During the day I was on the phone making a lot of calls and seemed not to making much progress at all. I was in a real sour mood. I really did not watch the movie but it changed my outlook on things.

The movie explains the law of attraction and no matter what you think about, it will be attracted to you, whether good of bad. So instead of example of focusing on debt, focus on wealth. Also think about the things in life your are grateful for. I started to think about the things in life that made me happy and things that I was grateful for. Instead of feeling sad and depressed I started to think of all of the positive things in my life and I feel happy now. I realize that all of the good things that happened to me are all because of positive thoughts. If anyone has not seen 'The Secret' I would recommend it.

2. badwolf104

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have the book, the movie, and the CD's, so yeah. It has an amazing message, and is really entertaining. It changed the way I look at things and opened my eyes to this Law of Attraction. I would suggest this to anyone who has an open mind about spirituality.

3. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have no qualms with the basic message of The Secret - will to power, to condense it down to three words. However, I do have a problem with the idea that it's some sort of "secret". It isn't. This "secret" has been hidden in plain sight in many books written over the last couple of centuries. In fact, the book The Secret leans extremely heavily on a tried-and-tested book called The Power of Positive Thinking. In fact, I'd suggest PoPT. It tends to lean heavier on "improving your inner person", and less on material things, which I think is a rather flimsy use for the ideas.

"So, if I just sit in my room hoping hard enough, a pedophile is gonna stop by with a bicycle?" - Joel McHale, The Soup.

Lex

4. Blaz

Blaz Guest

I agree with Lex, POPT is a much better read and there are several things in "The Secret" which seem trivial, material, and sometimes just plain stupid. . .

5. dictionary

[YOUTUBE]http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=-fKav6MsTrE[/YOUTUBE]

6. Fiorino

I have the movie-and it is GREAT.
    It really gave me a new outlook on things,
    and helped me to be more positive.
    I've seen it 5 or 6 times now and I'm going
    to watch it again soon.

7. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I believe in the Law of Attraction. I prefer the teachings of Abraham (Esther Hicks). I think it focuses more on improving your thought processes instead of acquiring material things. I don't always agree with everything Abraham speaks about but still I think you can learn alot by listening to this.

8. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    HEY! I do that car space thing all the time and it works. :grin:

9. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Omg! The secret is my Way of Life!! I totally believe in the law of attraction thingy.

10. riddlerno1

Someone was telling me bout this the other day. Wasnt too sure of the name but hey there it is!!