1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vocal Students?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by TEres321, Jan 14, 2009.

1. TEres321

Any vocal students in highschool around here ? (As in, like a preforming arts highschool?)

2. RENThead

i graduated december 07 - (not from a performing arts school)
    but my electives were art, drama, music, and music extension....

3. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    No, but I'm friends with several people in the school choir and drama department.

4. Amy

Amy

I can't take voice at my school, but I'm hoping to start vocal lessons soon with my neighbour.

5. myra

In high school I was in select choir and our show choir. I was also in all the musical's except one. And I practiced with the general choir on random days. lol. Outside of school, I was in AOSFYC.

6. Helen

Helen Guest

I sing tenor in senior choir because I have the deepest female singing voice, and none of the boys will consent to singing high :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I don't have lessons or anything, not really a very good singer XD I can keep to a tune and all, but my tone isn't stirringly beautiful or anything like that.

7. Evanfan

i should be in highschool right now... but the boeard of education peopel put me back since i didnt speak english the year i came here.. so i'm now in the eighth grade... but i take choir in my school and i sing solos in our concerts and stuff.. and when i do go to highschool i'll deffinitely sign up for all those things..

8. Matty

I am a college freshman, but have taken voice lessons since the age of nine.

One can never have the perfect voice, and that is why having a vocal coach for life is of the utmost importance. Singing only with a chorus is not the way to having a good vocal technique, as you are not receiving proper individualized care. Sing in the choir, but also seek professional lessons.

A word of advice: be sure the vocal coach is a PROFESSIONAL who knows his/her stuff. Feel them out a little for the first few lessons. Signs of a bad teacher: They tell you to sing from your "belly" or stomach; they tell you to place your tongue against your teeth; they tell you to be tense....

No matter what kind of music you wish to sing out in the public, you should always get yourself a classical teacher to learn classical technique. From there, you can stylize to anything.

Hope this was helpful for anyone wondering.

9. Alexander

Haha, I'm not a vocal student precisely, but I do go to a fine arts high school. I'm actually an oboe major though.

10. TheRoof

im in music ministry-and im planning to do musical on senior year.

11. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I take vocal lessons and am in chapel choir at school :slight_smile:

12. Psychedelic Bookmarks

That's so sexy Helen :icon_bigg I knew a really hot girl tenor.

I sing soprano in my church choir and I have singing lessons. I'm actually getting not bad these days.

13. I am in Choir at my high school! I love it. I am probably going to sign up for voice lessons soon though because I want to major in music for high school. I am a junior at my high school.