1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any Marilyn Manson Fans?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Plattyrex, Oct 31, 2015.

1. Plattyrex

It's Halloween, so I decided to ask about the scariest person I know. With the exception of Jeb Bush, of course. Marilyn Manson! Most people are really surprised by my taste in music, as it very strongly contrasts with my personality, but I personally love Marilyn Manson. I love his music, I love his voice, I love his makeup, and lots of other stuff too. So I was kinda wondering what you guys thought of his stuff. I'm especially curious because a lot of people seem to really hate him, and I was kinda wondering if there was some kind of general concensus within the LGBT community that everyone is hiding from me. If you read my entire paragraph thingy thank you. If you laughed at my awful and forced political joke at the beginning, double thank you.

2. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

When school shootings started cropping up in the 1990s, Marilyn Manson was one of those blamed on why this was happening, despite school/work shootings having happened before. Throw this on top of his look, his music, and what folks say about him, and it isn't difficult to see why people would dislike the man.

I wouldn't consider myself a fan of his, though "The Beautiful People" is a great song. However, he is a fairly intelligent man, and handles himself well in interviews. I just never really got into his music, there was always something about it that turned me off.

3. Psaurus918

I listen to him from time to time and did a paper on him in college, using the Columbine/Manson controversy.

I don't really see how he's scary though

4. Plattyrex

Yeah, that would certainly make sense. He is easily one of the most bizarre musicians I have ever seen. While that kind of thing never bothered me personally, it is probably an immediate red flag for a lot of people.

---------- Post added 31st Oct 2015 at 11:50 AM ----------

He isn't scary. I just needed a way to shoehorn in my godawful political humor.

5. wolf of fire

I like some of his covers of songs I.E. Halloween and sweet dreams.

6. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

Since someone already brought up columbine, 1 of my favorite quotes by manson is from an interview question on the subject. They asked him what he would have said to the perpetrators if he had the chance, and he replied with, 'I wouldnt say anything, I would listen to what they had to say, and thats what no one did.' Although in the case of eric harris I dont think any amount of listening would of helped him; he was probably a genuine psychopath. Still it says alot about manson's character that he can make a controversial statement like that with honesty and sincerity. Thats the lovely thing about Marilyn, he's never been afraid of doing that.

7. XenaxGabby

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Not a fan but I do like "Heart-Shaped Glasses." I have seen him in interviews and he comes across as fairly intelligent.

8. Charon

Charon Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I never saw the appeal of his music. Many people assume that I like it because of the music I listen to.

9. Minori

Use to love Marilyn Manson. But like Adam Lambert, don't know both of their new songs anymore so i'm kinda out of the loop haha

10. blueshadedsoul

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I do like most of his covers, I think This Is Halloween was the first I came across with. He's not that scary though :lol:

11. Xeno

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I like some of his songs, like "This is the New :***:" and "The Beautiful People". Although, I've had Personal Jesus stuck in my head, which earned me some weird looks when I started singing random bits from it.

12. Psycho Jess

Psycho Jess Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh, Marylyn Manson. Yay. I Love him. I have quite a few friends that are really surprised when I start showing them how intelligent he is. It's really kinda fascinating. The sheer length he goes to to appear aggressively strange and frightening is at such odds with how thoughtful he is in any of his interviews. On top of that he has amazing music to work out to, so yeah, definitely a fave.

13. Justinian20

I like Marilyn Manson as well, he has a really great voice that completely fits the tone of his music. You wouldn't expect me to like him though cause of my personality. Mechanical Animals is my fave album by him, I love his music.

14. NekoAlex

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I like Marilyn Manson, I really enjoy his music. :slight_smile:

15. 101DeadRoses

It was a very good thing that I wasn't drinking when I read that, because I almost choked on my own spit laughing when I read that.....

And yes, I love Marilyn Manson! His music, at least.
    I kind of shy away from looking up musicians after looking up Three Days Grace and finding out that my favorite member left the band four days before.... Then Godsmack and finding out that Sully used gay slurs on his fans....
    So yeah. I don't really know what he's like as a person. Probably awesome, though.

---------- Post added 18th Nov 2015 at 09:10 PM ----------

...You haven't heard "Murderers Are Getting Prettier" yet, have you?
    That scares the crap out of me, and I'm very proud of my resilience to horror and all spooky things....

And then there's "Kiddy #######".

"AntiChrist Superstar".

"Angel With The Scabbed Wings".

They still kind of creep me out.

Or... inspire me. :grin:

---------- Post added 18th Nov 2015 at 09:10 PM ----------

...You haven't heard "Murderers Are Getting Prettier" yet, have you?
    That scares the crap out of me, and I'm very proud of my resilience to horror and all spooky things....

And then there's "Kiddy #######".

"AntiChrist Superstar".

"Angel With The Scabbed Wings".

They still kind of creep me out.

Or... inspire me. :grin:

16. Nekoko

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I wouldn't say I'm a fan exactly but I had a greatest hits album of his I listened to in class a lot In highschool. And I had a few friends who were huge fans. I enjoy some of his songs for sure though, especially the his cover of sweet dreams~ So lovely and creepy.... But at the same time I kinda dislike his style, I've never been the biggest fan of shock artists... People who y'know try to dress up to freak people out on purpose and that's like their whole shtick, I just think its a cheap way to get recognition :/ Though I suppose that was a thing before him with Alice Cooper, Kiss, Black Sabbath and so on but eh, Idk.... He makes me think of Madonna and Lady Gaga more than any of them... I prefer Korn anyway, personally...

#16 Nekoko, Nov 18, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2015
  17. AlexanderDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Not directly a fan of the music itself, but Tut Tut Child did a remix of "This Is The New Shit," that was pretty good.