1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blood Brothers the Musical

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by ResidentTheatreKid, Nov 15, 2015.

1. ResidentTheatreKid

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Has anyone else seen it?

Do you want to come and cry about it with me? ;-; I saw it at the Mayflower Theatre on Tuesday and oh my gosh my poor heart. Even having studied it in drama for over a year didn't ease the heartbreak.

P.S. My loins are longer than yours.

2. rudysteiner

Not seen it but studied the play for English Lit when I was in Year 11 and absolutely loved it. It made me fall in love with the drama aspect of literature/theatre in general, even though I'll never, ever act in my life.

I've seen the 1983 production of it though, on YouTube.

#2 rudysteiner, Nov 15, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2015
  3. ResidentTheatreKid

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    But... you're from Liverpool, you're like legally and morally obligated to see it XD

I'm in year 11 now and we're studying it for Drama. But we took 155 students with us to see it, so about 30 of us knew what was going to happen, and the rest of them... Well, it was funny to watch the looks of pure horror and heartbreak XD (that was shortly before Mrs Johnstone grabbed Mickey and Eddie's hands and put them together which was when I lost in and broke down crying)

The way it's carried out with such a minimalist approach in terms of set is just spectacular. The acting in it is just so perfect. It's not the one that made me fall in love, that was Wicked, but Blood Brothers helped drag me down just a little more. Every musical I see now just drags me down a little further XD

4. Ryujin

We're studying it in English Lit, and it fits cause of our proximity to Liverpool itself.
    Honest to god, towards the end I always find myself tearing up, it's really good.

5. ResidentTheatreKid

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    OK GUYS I MADE A MISTAKE

Maureen Nolan was our Mrs Jonstone and I looked at her headshot and was like 'oh she's cute. She only looks around 40, it could be worse'

And then developed a tiny bit of a crush on her

AND THEN FOUND OUT THAT SHE'S 61 WHY THE FRILLY HELL DOES THIS HAPPEN TO ME?!

I am so going to hell.

---------- Post added 17th Nov 2015 at 07:37 PM ----------

But the woman who played Linda (Danielle Corlass) was cute too.

---------- Post added 17th Nov 2015 at 07:38 PM ----------

Oh and Lois Molloy who played Brenda is pretty cute. The whole cast was exceptional.